Keyword

K2 Multi Blogging ( M version of k2 user sync )

• JOOBLOGs.COM
  • JOOBLOGs.COM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 days ago #82487 by JOOBLOGs.COM
This's present for this plugin How it work ?At first you need make a master Category. Any user category will create under this master CategoryAnd next is master User Group with all needed permission config. This user group also need filter on master Category only.And now, any new user will have their own category / user group under master Category and inherit permission from master User group.Yap. that's it !Powered by Joomla Blogging & Development

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 days ago #82488 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Multi Blogging ( M version of k2 user sync )
When you have this ready for testing, let me know and I will give it a test through and provide some feedback.
I can also create some guide to use it as well.

Simon

• JOOBLOGs.COM
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 2 days ago #82489 by JOOBLOGs.COM
Replied by JOOBLOGs.COM on topic K2 Multi Blogging ( M version of k2 user sync )
1. Please try with preRelease on jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=53:user-synk-k2-v2-multi-blogging&Itemid=12

2. Note: This version still have not check for backend logging. So after plugin enable and you have logged / logging again will raise error.
In this case if you do with php just need check if ($mainframe->isSite ()).

3. Next version ( is it stable ) will allow :
Configuring via backend plugin.
- Master Category / User Group
- Auto publish new category of user
- prefix for new Category / User group.

4. For JomSocial solution to make JS can use K2 as blogging system you still need K2Items ( another product of JOOBlogs.com ).
After this plugin have done, next version of K2 Items will also update that fix some bugs i have reported.

Thank you

• JOOBLOGs.COM
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 1 day ago #82490 by JOOBLOGs.COM
Replied by JOOBLOGs.COM on topic K2 Multi Blogging ( M version of k2 user sync )
I have done with stable version . And it was released as commercial. A first commercial product of us.
jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=54:jomsocial-k2-multi-blogging

Thank you

• JOOBLOGs.COM
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #82491 by JOOBLOGs.COM
Have just updated with some minor update:
jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=57:k2-multi-blogging-v101&Itemid=9

JOOBLOGs.COM said:I have done with stable version . And it was released as commercial. A first commercial product of us. jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=54...

Thank you

More
13 years 11 months ago #82492 by scyllar
Sounds great but want to know why the need for new user group for each new user, since the permission inherits from the same user group? Does this hack k2 core files, because i can't see how to manage sub user groups in the k2 backend interface? Or these user groups are not visible in the k2 user group manager? But if these user groups are not visible, how can one change the permissions in case needed? For example, sometimes user might need a second category with different style template, how do you assign this category to that user (in fact, his/her group)?
I am likely to buy only if you can clear me out of these questions :) thanks

• JOOBLOGs.COM
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #82493 by JOOBLOGs.COM
1. Each category for each use:
For each category will have only 1 "owner" that allow posting . So it's their own blogging page.
Permission inherit from master group is just inherits configures from master.
For example master group allow post / but do not allow publish. So. each blogging category will allow owner post but do not allow their publish it . Prevent spam .
2. You can change their usergroup as normal way / some for category :)

Thank you

scyllar said:Sounds great but want to know why the need for new user group for each new user, since the permission inherits from the same user group? Does this hack k2 core files, because i can't see how to manage sub user groups in the k2 backend interface? Or these user groups are not visible in the k2 panel? But if these user groups are not visible, how can one change the permissions in case needed? For example, sometimes user might need a second category with different style template, how do assign this category to that user (in fact, his/her group)? I am likely to buy only if you can clear me out of these questions :) thanks

More
13 years 11 months ago #82494 by scyllar
Thanks for the reply. I want to try this out.
One more question, can i disable auto creation of new user group (ie, making use of master user group)? Having so many user groups in the backend could be anoying, though i admit the flexibility.