Keyword

Questions about using K2 as Blog component

• Michael Robinson
  • Michael Robinson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82509 by Michael Robinson
Questions about using K2 as Blog component was created by Michael Robinson
Hello,I just started using K2 as our blog (abelbusinessinstitute.com/blog.html) and I'm trying to figure out how to do a few things. Hope you can help...
How do you know when someone adds a comment on to an item? Can you set it up to send an email to the site administrator when a comment posts?
Is it possible to delete a comment?
I can't see to turn off the image/photo of author or guest... how can I turn that off?

I'm sure you get silly questions like this all the time... Thanks for you help.MR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #82510 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Questions about using K2 as Blog component
Yes, the is a auto comments notification, i think it was created by some one i know . . . . oh yeah K2Joom, thats me!!
The download link is down at the moment, so I have added you as a friend, send me your email and I will send it to you, it contains instructions.

Yes you can both view and delete comments found within the K2 admin panel.

Finally, take a look in the K2 Parameters, icon found on the right side of the K2 admin panel.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2 Support

• Michael Robinson
  • Michael Robinson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82511 by Michael Robinson
Replied by Michael Robinson on topic Questions about using K2 as Blog component
Hi Simon,

I'm having some trouble with the download... I one of those Joomla users that knows enough to be dangerous. Hope you can help out.

I uploaded (overwrite) the two file using an ftp client (hope that was right). I made copies of the original files first.

Then the directions say to select parameters from the K2 toolbar, but I don't see anything that says parameters. Should it be on the same toolbar as Items, categories, tags, etc?

Sorry if these are ridiculous questions.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82512 by Nick Acott
Replied by Nick Acott on topic Questions about using K2 as Blog component
Hi Simon,

Would you be able to send me the auto comments too?

I'll PM you email.

Ta.

Nick

K2Joom said:Yes, the is a auto comments notification, i think it was created by some one i know . . . . oh yeah K2Joom, thats me!!The download link is down at the moment, so I have added you as a friend, send me your email and I will send it to you, it contains instructions.Yes you can both view and delete comments found within the K2 admin panel.Finally, take a look in the K2 Parameters, icon found on the right side of the K2 admin panel.Hope that helps.SimonK2 Support

• Enes
  • JoomlaBilgi.org
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82513 by Enes
Hello,

You can check here for e-mail notification on new comments.

Ofcourse you can delete, edit comments from the back-and. There is a Comments tab in K2 menu in admin panel.

To turn on/of image of author you can see Parametres, you can reach Parametres from the K2 in the back-end. It's at the very top-right of the browser.

we love K2...
Joomla Templates |