Keyword

Need to simplify registration

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82683 by Oceanwatcher
Need to simplify registration was created by Oceanwatcher
I am using K2 on almost all installations these days simply because it makes my day so much easier. And I am getting to know the system pretty well.And then along comes the customer that want to change almost everything... "I don't want this, I don't want that..." :-) We have all had customers like this at some point.A big point for him now is to simplify the registration process.I need to get rid of as much as possible. The best thing would be if only username, e-mail and password was left...You can turn off the K2 registration form by setting "Enable K2 user profile" to "No" under Advanced Settings in the K2 parameters, but what do you loose?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82684 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Need to simplify registration
Hey Svein, been a long time my friend, hope all is well.

OK, here is the K2 Login, with Enable K2 USer Profile set to Yes:

Hope that helps,

Simon
K2 Support
Here it is with it disabled:

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82685 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Need to simplify registration
K2Joom said:Hey Svein, been a long time my friend, hope all is well.

Things are well and I have several projects in the works :-)

This is how far I am getting as well (as I mentioned in my OP). But what are the implications of turning off the K2 user profiles? Will anything break? Do you have any experience from bigger sites on this?

On the other hand - I wish there was a way to keep the K2 login and just disable the stuff my customer do not want. I am pretty sure he will come back at some point and ask to have it back :-) I don't have a problem with that - he will have to pay for the extra time! Right now he is "running around" in the site and ask for a lot of changes and sometimes have a problem knowing what he wants. I try to control it, but some things are going to be changed, no matter what...

I am going to leave it at the standard Joomla login for now.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #82686 by Nick Acott
Replied by Nick Acott on topic Need to simplify registration
I have a similar issue,

I only want to get rid of the Gender, discription and URL boxes but keep the avatar upload?

Ta.

Nick