14 years 1 week ago #82769 by Ashfaq Rahman
Hello Simon You r my hope. :)I,m in a big problem with my magazine website. I,m
using K2 for content beacuse its best. I have created a lot of
catagories and there are lot of items under it. But in item listing in
catagory page its showing almost full article. I have set intro text to
50, image size to smal and column 2. It works for catagories without
subcatagories but not with subcatagories. I have checked tettings many
time and its ok. Why its happening ? can anyone healp please?you
can see it herehttp://www.rocknrolla.bz/rocknrolla/index.php?option=com_k2&vie...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 1 week ago #82770 by Yiota
How do you show these items listing? Do you have a menu item to K2 Categories and inside the parameters you have chosen the Parent category only or all subcategories? Do also the subcategories have introtext limit set to 50?

• Ashfaq Rahman
  • Ashfaq Rahman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #82771 by Ashfaq Rahman
Replied by Ashfaq Rahman on topic Settings not working for item in catagory listing page
Hi
thanks for your interest. I have menu items to k2 categories and inside parameters I have choose parents categories with all sub categories and every categories have an intro text limit set to 50. but this setting works fine for only sub category pages when comes to the main category page it show the full article. What happened to Simon where r you dude?

Thanks

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 1 week ago #82772 by Yiota
The fact is that even thought you have set to all subcategories and category parameters the limit to 50, in the case you select multiple categories to the menu item, the page show all content correctly but with the parameters of the menu item and not each categorys'.
Why don't you try to select only the parent category and choose fetch items from children categories? This way the word limit will work.

• Ashfaq Rahman
  • Ashfaq Rahman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #82773 by Ashfaq Rahman
Replied by Ashfaq Rahman on topic Settings not working for item in catagory listing page
Hello Yiota
Thanks a lot for your replay. But When I choose only parent category not multiple categories all options from the menu goes unavailable. So fetch item from children categories no more available to select. In menu item all options are available when you select multiple categories to show. Not for any single categories. And also I have changed the parameters of menu also but there is no option to set the word limit. Can you help please? I need it very urgent.
Thanks