Keyword

Editing: Admin "steals" articles from users :o)

• Greyhawk
  • Greyhawk's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #82913 by Greyhawk
Hello Simon & Community,I´m using Jooma 1.5 plus K2-Extension (V 2.2) and I have the following problem with editing of the users articles by the admin:
If the Admin is editing an user-article from the backend, after this action the admin will shown as the author and creator of this article! There seems to be no possibility to avoid this. So with each editing the admin is "stealing" an article from the user :-)The user, in fact the origin creator of the article, can edit his own article no more - because Joomla/K2 means that it´s an article of the admin :-\In the backend editing screen (components - K2 - Items - edit Item) there is in fact a select menu to the right of the JCE Editor, "Select Author" - but the only users name there will be shown is "administrator", the orogin user cannot be select there.

For the concept of my site it´s necessary, that the admin has the possibility to edit user articles (i.e. for embedding some things etc.). But the admin should not "steal" the users articles :-]

Please, is there any possibility to avoid this, and give an article after admin-editing back to the user??

Do I use wrong paramters? But I don´t know, where I can change this...

Please help :o)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #82914 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Editing: Admin "steals" articles from users :o)
There must be something about your users that keeps them from showing up in the "Author Picklist"
When i do the same it does not change the authors name upon save while editing as admin and the list of authors are complete.
I have my users that are contributing regularly as Manager in Joomla

More
13 years 11 months ago #82915 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Editing: Admin "steals" articles from users :o)
Can you provide some more information on the parameter settings you have for your users that are having their items taken over?

As William has said, it seems most likely to be how there user group could be set up/

Simon
K2 Support

• Greyhawk
More
13 years 11 months ago #82916 by Greyhawk
Ok. At first, here is a screenshot of the admin-article-editing - here the admin edits an article, which was originally written by a reg-User. As you see, the only choosable Member in the authors-select-menu is the "administrator".
(the language is german, sorry for that ;)

The User Group Settings:

There are only 2 Groups yet: "Site Owner" (the Admin) and "Registered".

The Setting for Registered:

translated:
- Writing comments: yes
- Front- and Item-Editing: yes
- add items: yes
- edit own items: yes
- edit any article: no
- make items public: yes

Really, I have no idea what´s wrong!... :-\

More
13 years 11 months ago #82917 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Editing: Admin "steals" articles from users :o)
I just ran a test on this.
I created a user group with the same parameters you showed above.
I created a new user in that user group.

From the front end, using the new user, i created an item.
Logged into backend as super admin and edited the item then saved. Upon save, checked that Author was still correct and Last Modified by the Super Admin. (super admin is in the owner group with full privileges.)
From the front end as user, I was then able to go to my pages and still see and edit the the page i created.

Now the only difference I can see is that I am running 2.3svn.
I am looking into history to see if that has been a fix.

Simon

• Greyhawk
More
13 years 11 months ago #82918 by Greyhawk
Ok, I have found out something new... a user must have "author"-status to appear in the author-select-pickup at the admin-edit-page.

Auhtor-status is the minimum for a user to appear there - even if this user has written this article... - strange :o)

But now I have a solution for my problem - if I would like to edit an user-article, I have to set his/her status to author before - and after the editing I can set the status back to registered... not the ideal solution, but it´s ok I think :o)