Keyword

k2_items - published not being set to 0

• Mickey Perre
  • Mickey Perre's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #82927 by Mickey Perre
k2_items - published not being set to 0 was created by Mickey Perre
Hi All,I am having an issue with k2 whereby items with a publish down date are not setting the mysql field xxx_k2_items.published to 0,  So I have had to create a custom php to do this. However the items do not show up on my site.  The only reason why this is an issue is because my sitemap reads this field and promotes sites that aren't enabled anymore thus killing my google rank :(...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #82928 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic k2_items - published not being set to 0
Hi. This is an issue of your sitemap and not K2. Publish up and publish down works exactly as Joomla! core articles ( com_content ).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mickey Perre
More
13 years 11 months ago #82929 by Mickey Perre
Replied by Mickey Perre on topic k2_items - published not being set to 0
Just for my reference can you explain how it knows when to publish down a article? Is there any field / area that changes and tells k2 to bring the article down. Or if you can push me in the right direction.

thanks...

More
13 years 11 months ago #82930 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic k2_items - published not being set to 0
Hi. The state is not changed ( same happens in com_content ). K2 when retrieves an item checks that the current date is between the publish up and publish down values. So the extension you are using should do the same thing.

Mickey Perre said:Just for my reference can you explain how it knows when to publish down a article? Is there any field / area that changes and tells k2 to bring the article down. Or if you can push me in the right direction.
thanks...

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mickey Perre
More
13 years 11 months ago #82931 by Mickey Perre
Replied by Mickey Perre on topic k2_items - published not being set to 0
Strange because this is the k2 extension for the xmap. I will follow up the developer.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The state is not changed ( same happens in com_content ). K2 when retrieves an item checks that the current date is between the publish up and publish down values. So the extension you are using should do the same thing.
Mickey Perre said:Just for my reference can you explain how it knows when to publish down a article? Is there any field / area that changes and tells k2 to bring the article down. Or if you can push me in the right direction. thanks...