Keyword

FIXED - SIG/K2 Bug in Chrome and Safari Browsers

• Philip Light
  • Philip Light's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #82934 by Philip Light
I'm getting a strange bug in Chrome and Safari (Firefox and IE are fine) where there is a small box maybe 3px square to the top right of all of the thumbnails.  It seems to be part of the sig-block inside the sig-container, but I can't nail down what it is.  I'm looking at it with firebug in chrome and I don't see where it's coming from.  It looks like an empty block w/ a border style on it.
See here for problem: 
www.ikminc.com/blog/projects/healthcare/emergency-departments/item/1-st-clair-hospital-emergency-department

Site setup:

Joomla! - 1.5.15
K2 - 2.2
SIG Pro - 2.0.5
theme - Rockettheme Quasar with Gantry 2.5.1

Web server: Apache 2.2.13
PHP: 5.2.10

Let me know if you need any other plugin/component/module info etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Philip Light
More
13 years 11 months ago #82935 by Philip Light
Replied by Philip Light on topic FIXED - SIG/K2 Bug in Chrome and Safari Browsers
spoke too soon. It seems to be inherited from the quasar template.css in a "list-style" classification. When I disable the list-style, the boxes go away, but I'm not sure what other implications that might have. Also still strange that it's only Chrome and Safari...

• Philip Light
More
13 years 11 months ago #82936 by Philip Light
Replied by Philip Light on topic FIXED - SIG/K2 Bug in Chrome and Safari Browsers
I'm calling this fixed. I set the template.css from:

ul li {list-style: square;margin-left: 15px;}

to

ul li {list-style: none;margin-left: 15px;}

and it's fixed. So far it appears to render correctly in all browsers. I haven't found any negative effects on other pages, so I think I'm good to go.

More
13 years 11 months ago #82937 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic FIXED - SIG/K2 Bug in Chrome and Safari Browsers
Hi Phil,

Yes, it is a common problem on a variety of templates as the over ride for ul li includes that list style.
Sorry i saw your message this morning, did not have chance to respond and it got bumped down.

Glad you resolved it though.

Simon
K2 Support