Keyword

Should I wait for Version 2.3?

• Wire Creative
  • Wire Creative's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 days ago #83217 by Wire Creative
Should I wait for Version 2.3? was created by Wire Creative
I've got a couple of projects in the works that I've stalled a bit anticipating the release of k2 v2.3. A month ago @joomlaworks on Twitter seemed to suggest it would be released in a couple of days, but there's been almost no chatter about it since then.I'm fine using v2.2 instead, but for some reason I got the impression that the new version would be substantially different to the point that I'd rather not have to reconfigure the component again upon upgrade so soon after initial implementation.So how big is the difference between 2.2 and 2.3? What should we site creators be anticipating when we upgrade to the new version? Will it be a smooth, transparent upgrade or something we'll have to tinker with quite a bit before moving to the live site?Thanks,Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 days ago #83218 by FeSys
Replied by FeSys on topic Should I wait for Version 2.3?
Hi... wirecreative

Difference till now are:
1- new Extra-fields with Editor
2- New plug-in that add Extra fields for Author/users profile
3- New Users show module
4- New latest items option to show video
5- Bug Fixes...
6- More optimizations and performance.
7- and some little new enhancement not to remember all now.

For latest SVN got Here and click the latest link to the right "Then download last hour's SVN distribution of K2".

• Wire Creative
More
14 years 3 days ago #83219 by Wire Creative
Replied by Wire Creative on topic Should I wait for Version 2.3?
OK, so if there are no major changes to the main content component and how the templating and override systems work, it doesn't sound like upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3 will require much transitional work. Thanks.

More
14 years 2 days ago #83220 by FeSys
Replied by FeSys on topic Should I wait for Version 2.3?
Always, upgrade from older versions to newer of K2 is smooth, without loosing data.

wirecreative said:OK, so if there are no major changes to the main content component and how the templating and override systems work, it doesn't sound like upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3 will require much transitional work. Thanks.

• Wire Creative
More
14 years 2 days ago #83221 by Wire Creative
Replied by Wire Creative on topic Should I wait for Version 2.3?
Followeyes said:Always, upgrade from older versions to newer of K2 is smooth, without loosing data.

I'm not concerned with losing data, but rather some recent upgrades have retooled the templating (for the better) resulting in formatting issues after the upgrade. For some reason, I got the impression from the Twitter updates that there were more major changes coming this time around.