Keyword

Why does Joomla! hate podcasters?

• Mike Prince
  • Mike Prince's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #83260 by Mike Prince
Why does Joomla! hate podcasters? was created by Mike Prince
I'm loving K2, unfortunately the ONLY podcast suite for Joomla! hates K2.  The developer's forum just said to publish two articles: a regular Joomla article that is published (on my sight it's published but not linked to on the site) and a second K2 article with all bells and whistles for display on the site.  This is working ok I guess but it's causing some problems with my RSS and especially with iTunes.  I have to turn off SEF Urls for the feed to update and it's frustrating.  Does anyone have any other ideas to make this work?  I would try anything, I've even considered a switch to WordPress for my podcast site since it seems to be the "industry" standard.  I just love the flexibility of Joomla compared to WordPress, especially since K2 has come along.  Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #83261 by Wire Creative
Replied by Wire Creative on topic Why does Joomla! hate podcasters?
Yeah, the lack of any decent podcasting apps for Joomla is a bit shocking. The Podcast Suite is a mess. JoomlaXTC stuff is a nightmare of errors.

I'm trying out an RSS plugin for DOCman, but the plugin has been in beta for a year and may not support itunes.

Some enterprising K2 developer ought to come up with a way to build a podcast-compliant RSS feed for a specified category of K2 articles that will enclose files attached to the articles as the podcast downloads. Add to it a set suite of custom fields for the itunes requirements.

Any takers? K2 would immediately become the go-to app for podcasting, like it is for nearly everything else now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.