Keyword

3 differnt types of content,

• william antjoule
  • william antjoule's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 day ago #83442 by william antjoule
3 differnt types of content, was created by william antjoule
Hi AllSo i am fairly new to K2 and i have a new project that i want to push my K2 knowlage to the next level.This project will have 4 diffent types of content, these are articals, products, cars and people. each of these have some fields in common but all have other fileds that are specific to that type. also there will need to be 4 differnt templates to display each of the content types.So how best can i achive this? are there any tutorilas for this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• william antjoule
  • william antjoule's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 day ago #83443 by william antjoule
Replied by william antjoule on topic 3 differnt types of content,
Hi All

So i think i have worked out the first part, as i have created some Extra Fields Group's and added the fields to these.

Now i have done a quick bit i shiteboarding and noticed that some fields could be shared between groups and i am lothed to duplicate fields into more then one of the Extra field groups, but i cannot select mor ethen one group in teh "Associated "Extra Fields Group"" option in the edit category. is this possible?

Ww

More
14 years 1 day ago #83444 by william white
Replied by william white on topic 3 differnt types of content,
Using the same extra field in different groups may be ok and may work (i havent tested it) but, it may affect the order the xtra fields show up in the front end and that could be more difficult to overcome because of the way item.php loops thru the xtra fields when displaying them.