Keyword

Video on : How to create a Website using K2?

• Divya GS
  • Divya GS's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #83939 by Divya GS
From the videos that I watched I realised K2 is awesome and customized to my needs. I want to create NGO-Company/Corporate website, like the video of Philip Locke. I installed K2,  Clicked on the Import Joomla content (next to the parameters). Then I deleted all the sections, categories and Articles . This is what happened to my site:  helpcell.org/In Jreviews Video tutorials:  has a detailed video of how to build a website using Jreviews.
Building a Products Website with JReviews (25:07 min.) - This video will show you an example of creating a website for product listings and reviews - learn how to create custom fields, listing types and rating criteria
Building a City Guide Website with JReviews (21:25 min.) - Learn how to create a Website for Restaurants, Hotels and other listing types for the City Guide

I would like to know if there is a video like the ones above for K2 or could you create one for K2? 
It would be very useful for beginners and others who are trying out K2 too. (How to create a Corporate / Company website ) I do not mind paying for the video that shows how to create a website.Regards,Divya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #83940 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Video on : How to create a Website using K2?
Please refer to simon.getk2.org a site I created with guides to using K2.

In your case, what I believe has happened is, you have deleted all your Joomla content and left K2 content only.
However, all your menus are still pointing to Joomla content, which no longer exists.

You would need to go through your menus and point them to the corresponding K2 item or category.

Let me know how you get on.

Simon
K2 Support

• Divya GS
More
13 years 11 months ago #83941 by Divya GS
Replied by Divya GS on topic Video on : How to create a Website using K2?
Thank you for the link to your site. I am trying to figure out how to use K2. and your link is very useful.

• Divya GS
More
13 years 11 months ago #83942 by Divya GS
I am having trouble with displaying K2 items and categories for a brochure site : helpcell.org/
In the Menu tab : K2 items gives me an error
K2 Categories are displayed like a blog : I would like one article under each category / Menu item

How to create the Items, categories and Menus , such that the display of content is like ;
www2.softone.gr/ (from sites that are powered by K2)
www.ancoris.com/ (from the featured video tutorial in K2).

Thanks,
Divya.

More
13 years 11 months ago #83943 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Video on : How to create a Website using K2?
Can you tell me, which did you create first the K2 category or a K2 Category Menu Item ?
Which version of K2 are you using?

To display one item under a category, you need to set the Leading or Primary or Secondary quantity to 1, but choose just one of those three.

Lets try and get the errors fixed first before be proceed with your layout.
Consider deleting that menu item, then make sure you have a K2 Item in a K2 Category then create the menu link to that K2 Item.

Simon
K2 Support

• Divya GS
More
13 years 11 months ago #83944 by Divya GS
Can you tell me, which did you create first the K2 category or a K2 Category Menu Item ?
Ans: I created the K2 category first and then the Menu item

Which version of K2 are you using?
The lastest version : k2 v 2.2

To display one item under a category, you need to set the Leading or Primary or Secondary quantity to 1, but choose just one of those three.

Ans : I created 2 more categories and added 1 items to each category.
I did not find any Leading, primary or secondary in items.
Under categories I set all : Leading primary and secondary to : 1 ,there was no change in the layout.

I deleted the Item Menu and linked a K2 Item in a K2 Category then created the menu link to that K2 Item, which shows the display as I would like it.

How do i get rid of the folder above the article ?