Keyword

Works on Dev, doesn't work on live server

• puddin pie
  • puddin pie's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #84185 by puddin pie
Works on Dev, doesn't work on live server was created by puddin pie
Hi,I played around with K2 and it works great in my installation on my dev (using MAMP). When I ported my site to my ISP, the front page looked great, then when I tried to go to a secondary page; a page that is not the home page, all the templating seems to dissapear. All I get is the layout on a white background with the content (same as if you view it while having css disabled). I also ported my site to an inexpensive ISP account, don't know if the limitations of the account would have something to do with it.Has anyone else run into this same issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anasta Wichayanurak
More
13 years 11 months ago #84186 by Anasta Wichayanurak
Replied by Anasta Wichayanurak on topic Works on Dev, doesn't work on live server
Try to check the permission of k2 media folder... I had similar issue before. You have to change the permission to 0755. Try it out...

• puddin pie
More
13 years 11 months ago #84187 by puddin pie
Replied by puddin pie on topic Works on Dev, doesn't work on live server
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it out changing the permission to the k2 media folder (and the folders in it). Still didn't work. I'll see what the ISP says as well.

More
13 years 11 months ago #84188 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Works on Dev, doesn't work on live server
Try turning error reporting on in your joomla configuration and see if it is throwing an error.
see attached png

• puddin pie
More
13 years 11 months ago #84189 by puddin pie
Hi, thanks for that suggestion too. I went into global config and changed the error reporting to maximum, tested the site and got the same result. There was no error reporting. I also tried it with a different template and got the same result.

More
13 years 11 months ago #84190 by william white
turn debug on also and see if it points to anything

• puddin pie
More
13 years 11 months ago #84191 by puddin pie
I turned debug on and i got quite a large block of text (203 lines) and at this point may be a bit over my head, but looking at the file, I'm not sure what it says is all of it is in error or that it just diagnosed things.

I am pretty good with the front end things of joomla but honestly, I only know enough php to tweak some stuff and get a template up and running. So, with the debug info in front of me i just see it as a series of statements and don't know if they are saying, "things are being pushed out okay" or if they are saying, "you have major problems".

I did attach a txt file that has what the debug pushed out if you care to look at it. And thanks for pointing out those options in the global settings (at least i learned something).

debug-rite.txt

More
13 years 11 months ago #84192 by william white
That looks like the normal sql statements that are used every time a page gets loaded.
Since your browzer will not report an error, there may be something in the template causing this.
Check all those settings also.

• puddin pie
More
13 years 11 months ago #84193 by puddin pie
I guess I remain puzzled. I'll keep thinking of things I can do, but I guess I'll continue on my site "old school j1.5" style and see if later there are more options to try ( as my weekend is slipping by spent unsuccessfully troubleshooting -- but K2 is really cool in my dev server!).

I saw a start of a thread that someone had the same exact thing happen to him, but he was the only one in the thread with no replies.

Thanks again to you and Anasta for your suggestions.

If i find something out I will post what that solution is!!

• puddin pie
More
13 years 11 months ago #84194 by puddin pie
Hi, I'm just following up on my issue, just in case somebody else had the same issue or if anyone was curious about this problem. I found this thread on Joomla's forum: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=469&t=296050

this person was able to get her template working after the first page by turning off SEF links in the global config. I did that as well and everything started working again.

Now I have an issue with not having SEF links, but at least I'm up and running again and can continue to play with K2. FYI I'm running 1.5.18.