Keyword

Can someone see if I'm on the right track to create a catalog of sports memorabilia?

• Coptechs
  • Coptechs's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #84405 by Coptechs
I am a Joomla user with a moderate amount of experience (not a beginner, far from an expert) and am trying to figure out if I am on the right track. This is the first time I am using K2 and I am trying to create a catalog of sport memorabilia products.This was my plan:
Create categories using the type of product (ie: signed photo's, jersey's, bat's, glove's, etc.)

Use tags to cross-categorize by type of sport (baseball, basketball, football, etc.), team and player (so a for instance, a Derek Jeter signed photograph would be in the "photograph" category tagged with "Jeter", "Yankees" and "baseball")

This is going to be for display only, not selling on the site. Ideally I want visitors to be able to search by type of product, team, sport or player. The big question I have is will this setup give me the ability to do that?What K2 extensions might be helpful in an endeavor such as this?I don't really understand the extra fields part of the component. Do you think that it is something that would be helpful to me in this?Any assistance/guidance would be greatly appreciated.Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.