Keyword

Template inheritance - from Category to item

• Nick WesternTune
  • Nick WesternTune's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #84743 by Nick WesternTune
Template inheritance - from Category to item was created by Nick WesternTune
Hello again. 2 questions now.

QUESTION #1: I found that template inheritance described in %$ubject% doesn't work. Look:
When creating menu point, i'm able to set menu-specific parameters to 2 or more selected k2 categories. When i select one - i'm NOT able to choose menu-specific parameters, but it's ok - K2 fetches parameters from category-specific options. It's all very well known.
But i found that this doesn't work. I have k2 v 2.2 and Joomla! 1.5.18 Stable.
When i link menu point to single category, nothing happens. Somehow the "default" template becomes being used and this messes all up. How can I make it work right?

/-- SOLVED BUT IN MYSTICAL WAY - i dont know how --\
QUESTION #2: is When i link menu point to multiple categories and use my own template "overcategory" - all works normal, but when i click on items - they are being shown in "default" template. What can i do to see them in my own "overcategory" template?
\---

I apologize if this theme was already started - it's very hard to find useful info in hundreds of themes here. If you will be so pleased to give me link to discussion which could bring light to my problems - i would be very grateful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #84744 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Template inheritance - from Category to item
Hi Nick,

I am a little confused by your problem.
What might be an idea is that we arrange a support session, so that I can access and view your screen, so that you can show me the problem in action.
This will be a quicker way to provide you support.

Do you have a link to the site?

Let me know your thoughts.

Simon
K2 Support
K2 Docs, Guides & Downloads on simon.getk2.org

Simon
K2 Support
K2 Docs, Guides & Downloads on simon.getk2.org

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.