Keyword

Main Menu: Home Page: K2 Latest / Latest Showing Duplicates

More
13 years 10 months ago #84830 by Aynun
Hello,I am a returnee to Joomla after a long absence. I heard about the K2 plugin and so far, although I feel it a horrible hack to add features to a CMS that should have the features it provides natively, my experience with it has been good.I just added a new post and noticed that my home page, which is set to link to K2 Latest from Users / Categories, is listing an article under multiple categories although it has only been assigned to a single category.Here is a screenshot:

In K2, I have 4 categories: News, Blog, Humour, and Motivational, each with sub-categories. The Dear Abby letter is assigned to the Humour-General category, but is as you can see showing up in both Humour and Motivational on the frontpage.

The Menu Item pointing to K2 Latest / Latest is set to pull up to 5 items from the latest postings in each parent category, which then includes postings from sub-categories.

So why then is Dear Abby showing up in both?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #84831 by william white
Post a link to your site
K2 adds many things to Joomla and most sites i see are some combination of the two, or even with others as ecommerce

More
13 years 10 months ago #84832 by Aynun
William,

Unfortunately, it is as of yet a purely localhost ran site as I build it.

Imagine a fresh Joomla install with no other extensions / addons.
Imagine 3 articles created prior to installing K2, and after importing into K2, being deleted.
The same goes for the original Categories / Sections of Joomla.
Every Menu item has been updated to point towards K2 Categories / Items.
No additional K2 Fields have been created.
Each article I create in K2 however is tagged, but this is the only article being double dipped, so I don't think tags are the problem even if some articles share tags.

Short of taking screenshots of the Parameters section, I'm not sure what else I can say.

William White said:Post a link to your site K2 adds many things to Joomla and most sites i see are some combination of the two, or even with others as ecommerce

More
13 years 10 months ago #84833 by Aynun
I played around with the positioning of the categories and noticed that the articles are cascading.

As can be seen, all articles of the previous category are tacked onto the end of each subsequent category...

Example:

More
13 years 10 months ago #84834 by Aynun
Is no one able to explain this behavior?