Keyword

Items displayed in wrong categories (Latest Items)

• Steven Zeegers
  • Steven Zeegers's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #84892 by Steven Zeegers
Hi,

I've been using K2 for a few days, and right after explaining one of my editors how to use K2, I noticed something odd.

Most of our categories are 2nd level ones, but two of them are 3rd level categories, e.g:

Entertainment (1)
-Game News (2)
---Xbox 360(3)
-Reviews(2)
---Consoles (Lvl. 3)
-Columns(2)
- Blog(2)

No problems so far. But when I use the "Latest Items" module for K2 on my front page, I noticed something strange. There's no problem when I use a 2nd level category (e.g Game News).

But when I post an item for a 3rd Level category (Xbox 360) it will be show as latest for Game News (expected that); but also for EVERY category below; which the category isn't even related to. If I post it to Xbox 360, it will also be displayed as latest for "Reviews", "Blogs" and "Columns".

I tried this with the other 3rd level category too, and BAM! It appears as latest item for all the items in the categories below.
edit:  As it turns out, the problem doesn't take place when the category of the item is included in categories to display, e.g I add 'Consoles" to the list of categories to display.    
As you can imagine, this puts me kind of in a tough spot, as I was *hoping* to use K2 to customize my category structure.edit:  if you're fast, you can see what I mean by visiting my site:  www.toretto.beyou won't be able to read it, but you'll get the idea when looking at the bottom two articles.  'Games' does deff.  not belong to both Colums and Blog...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.