Keyword

How do I move the K2 "item tools" from side to bottom of article?

More
13 years 10 months ago #85436 by Simon Wells
Hey Carolyn,

Most common reasons for missing images are either the wrong link, or the image folder has not been transferred from one Joomla template to another in the correct position, so it would be good to check those first.

You are seeing the GK have done a good job to provide information on the styling for their version of the K2 template, so you will not see that in your default k2 or from another provider.

The beauty of K2 is that it is a big bunch of blocks of code, so you can take elements from the "item tools" and move them where you want.

Further example of K2 templates, can also be seen on k2joom.com.

As William has said, get Firebug for FireFox, this will allow you to right click a part of your site, this will then show you the html code and the css rules used on the element. You can then make live changes to the html and css live and it will update just your view. It will help you identify which css file and part to modify.

Let us know how you get on.

Simon
K2 Support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• that library
  • that library's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #85437 by that library
Thank you, Simon. I have Firebug and the Webmaster's tools for FF and have been wracking my brains over this for a while. I did get the icons to show up but my issue is how to move k2ItemTools from being in a column to displaying as they normally do in K2.

I will hop over to K2Joom to see what I can learn there because this is very problematic for me. The template is beautiful and I've made a lot of effort to customise it, but this is one of the remaining items I must get worked out before it's official launch.

More
13 years 10 months ago #85438 by Simon Wells
Is the site live? If so can you provide a link or even a latest screen shot showing the current laout and an explantion of how you want it to be displayed.

I can then offer some advise.

Simon

K2 Support

• that library
More
13 years 10 months ago #85439 by that library
Thank you, Simon - you can see it < a href="thesecretmystery.nwolibrary.com/workshops/item/2-duality" target="_blank"> here.

• that library
More
13 years 10 months ago #85440 by that library
Well... I tried copying the 'default' folder and renaming it to 'my_test' and putting it in the same place (i.e., templates/gk_postnote/html/com_k2/) and in the categories I cannot even select it as a different template in the K2 section of Admin! I don't know what's going on?

More
13 years 10 months ago #85441 by william white
To make sure this is not a template issue, try it with the milkey way template and make sure its working properly there.
The links i was talking about are at:
simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating
and
simon.getk2.org/downloads/free-extensions/item/26-css-4-k2

Carolyn Harris said:Well... I tried copying the 'default' folder and renaming it to 'my_test' and putting it in the same place (i.e., templates/gk_postnote/html/com_k2/) and in the categories I cannot even select it as a different template in the K2 section of Admin! I don't know what's going on?

• that library
More
13 years 10 months ago #85442 by that library
After all of that I noticed that the "default" folder under templates/gk_postnote/html/com_k2/ is not inside another folder "templates" so when I put my "my_test" in there, that is why it didn't show up. I did use that extension you mentioned and that helped, but it still looks all wonky... it's no longer in a separate column beside the entry, it is above it, but the tags are all in one column, lol But it's getting closer!!