Keyword

Problems with assigning TAGS

• Sushant Buttan
  • Sushant Buttan's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #85877 by Sushant Buttan
Problems with assigning TAGS was created by Sushant Buttan
Although I have many 'Tags' created, which I can see in the tags editor, I cannot see the drop down list of tags (on the right side of the page)  when I am creating a new item. Please help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #85878 by Justin Herrin
Replied by Justin Herrin on topic Problems with assigning TAGS
Can't you just use the Tags textfield that is just below the Title Alias textfield when creating a new item? Start typing a Tag and a little popup displays a list of existing Tags with the letters you began typing...

• Sushant Buttan
More
13 years 10 months ago #85879 by Sushant Buttan
Replied by Sushant Buttan on topic Problems with assigning TAGS
Justin,
Thanks for your reply. I can definitely do that, but the thing is that I have over one hundred tags, and they are organized based on a set criteria. I would need a list view to be able to scroll the tags and select the right ones. Its impossible to do this from the drop down as you have suggested. I guess the larger question is why I cannot see the Tag list on the right hand side of the editor just like everyone else. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Justin Herrin said:Can't you just use the Tags textfield that is just below the Title Alias textfield when creating a new item? Start typing a Tag and a little popup displays a list of existing Tags with the letters you began typing...

More
13 years 10 months ago #85880 by Justin Herrin
Hmmm, I'm not seeing any Tag list on the right hand side of my editor either. I'm looking in the backend when adding a new item. I checked some of my sites that run versions 2.2 and 2.3 and I don't see a Tag list. Using JCE editor if that matters.

Could you provide a screenshot and point out where it used to show for you?

• Sushant Buttan
More
13 years 10 months ago #85881 by Sushant Buttan
Replied by Sushant Buttan on topic Problems with assigning TAGS
I am a new user, but I saw this video of the Joomla Day - Germany where the product was being demonstrated. I fyou see the section where they discuss Tags, you can clearly see the List of Tags on the right side of the editor. This is the link or you can see it in the videos section on this site itself.
community.getk2.org/video/k2-presentation-and-more-at

Justin Herrin said:Hmmm, I'm not seeing any Tag list on the right hand side of my editor either. I'm looking in the backend when adding a new item. I checked some of my sites that run versions 2.2 and 2.3 and I don't see a Tag list. Using JCE editor if that matters.
Could you provide a screenshot and point out where it used to show for you?

More
13 years 10 months ago #85882 by Justin Herrin
That video was recorded in September 2009 and I'm guessing that he was demonstrating an older version of K2. Perhaps this is a feature request you can submit for v2.4 or even a module you can install from the JED.

More
13 years 1 month ago #85883 by Rastislav Klc
Replied by Rastislav Klc on topic Problems with assigning TAGS
You can change behavior of Tagging as follows:
- go to K2 backend (for ex. K2 Items)
- in the upper right corner there is "Parameters" icon, click it
- scroll down to "Advanced Settings" section
- you can choose one of two tagging systems:
1) Selection-based tagging or
2) Free tagging (with auto complete)

Hope this is what ou are looking for

More
12 years 11 months ago #85884 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Problems with assigning TAGS
Theres been quite a bit of time difference between the versions, I certainly dont remember tags being in the right panel in the 2 years I have worked with K2.

If you have many tags, then use the Free tagging method, as you type it will suggest tags already used.If you use the Selection based tagging method, you will be provided with a table of tags which you can scroll through and select from, if you have many tags, then you will have more scrolling to find the tag you want.

This is true for versions 2.2 through to 2.5

Hope that helps.

SimonK2 Support 

• pamidipadudravid
More
12 years 8 months ago #85885 by pamidipadudravid
Replied by pamidipadudravid on topic Problems with assigning TAGS
Hai simon.. i have one dought.. is there any way to generate the automatic tags for k2 item? thanx in advance..