Keyword

When new visitors register, they receive a confirmation email with a broken link

• alexin
  • alexin's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #92699 by alexin
The link is missing the domain name and I have to manually activate their account.

Can anybody help me with this? 

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #92700 by Next Wave, Inc.
Hey, I am not even getting confirmation emails.  Did you have to do any special configuration to get as far as you got?  K2Login uses the Joomla user table, so it seems that all the standard stuff (like confirmation emails) should fire.

Thanks!

More
12 years 11 months ago #92701 by payforskill
Just saw these posts & happen to be trying to figure out how to stop the user's password from being displayed in the K2 registration confirmation e-mail - not sure if it's in the same place in the code where you could probably manually add your domain name (I'm guessing it's in the component/k2 php files...) will let u know if i figure it out. Hopefully someone else will help too!

As for not getting confirmation e-mails, what version of Joomla are you using? I think 1.6 has this problem - particularly if you're using Community Builder 1.4...

If you're only using K2, check your global configuration settings in the joomla backend. I.e. Make sure the radio button for "allow users to register" is selected and that your site URL & admin e-mail address are correctly entered in the appropriate fields (think it's under system...might be server settings in global configuration)...

You can try sending a "simulated" mass e-mail through Joomla to make sure it's not a server-side problem...

hope this helps!