Keyword

cannot see jce editor

• Mario Notaro
  • Mario Notaro's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #92820 by Mario Notaro
cannot see jce editor was created by Mario Notaro
Hi,

I have all the last versions of k2 and jce editor. Everything work fine and server and installation is new.

But even if I configure JCE editor into Joomla, I cannot see it in K2 articles, why ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #92821 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic cannot see jce editor
Normally this should be easy and straightforward, just install JCE and K2, does not matter which comes first.

Check that you have set JCE as the default in Joomla Global Configuration > Site Settings and change the default WYSIWYG editor.There is also possability to over ride this within the JCE parameters and also per user.

If you need further help, please ask here. 

Simon K2 Support 

• Mario Notaro
  • Mario Notaro's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #92822 by Mario Notaro
Replied by Mario Notaro on topic cannot see jce editor
Hi Simon,

solved just unpublishing Tiny Editor plugin :)

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:

Normally this should be easy and straightforward, just install JCE and K2, does not matter which comes first.

Check that you have set JCE as the default in Joomla Global Configuration > Site Settings and change the default WYSIWYG editor.There is also possability to over ride this within the JCE parameters and also per user.

Simon K2 Support 

More
13 years 1 month ago #92823 by fashion
Replied by fashion on topic cannot see jce editor
Hi, I have the same problem. Installed last version ok K2 and JCE (Joomla 1.5.22), configured JCE as default editor. if I create a new item in K2 the editor shows but when I want to edit an existing item the editor disappear (there is onli show/hide on top of the textarea, wich does not work). I tried to unpublish Tyny but with no result. Can you help me?

Simon K2 Support 

More
13 years 1 month ago #92824 by Matthew Turk
Replied by Matthew Turk on topic cannot see jce editor
Me, too, exact same problem as fashion (K2 v2.4.1 and Joomla v1.5.22) ... anybody getting anywhere with this?

fashion said:
Hi, I have the same problem. Installed last version ok K2 and JCE (Joomla 1.5.22), configured JCE as default editor. if I create a new item in K2 the editor shows but when I want to edit an existing item the editor disappear (there is onli show/hide on top of the textarea, wich does not work). I tried to unpublish Tyny but with no result. Can you help me?

Simon K2 Support 

• Opulent Projects Ltd
More
13 years 1 month ago #92825 by Opulent Projects Ltd
Replied by Opulent Projects Ltd on topic cannot see jce editor
excalty the same as fashion and matt.

has any one solved this yet!.

More
13 years 1 month ago #92826 by fashion
Replied by fashion on topic cannot see jce editor
Hi, I just found the cause of this issue: there was a custom field I created with TEXT AREA and text editor enabled. Wehn I switched off the text editor in this custom field JCE turned on again. But this is a temporary fix...

• Opulent Projects Ltd
More
13 years 1 month ago #92827 by Opulent Projects Ltd
Replied by Opulent Projects Ltd on topic cannot see jce editor
Hi

Where did you create the custom field, sorry to stupid I may need to do a lot of back tracking. This is driving me round the bend.

Thanks.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #92828 by HJM Cortooms
Replied by HJM Cortooms on topic cannot see jce editor
Same problem here, but ONLY in Firefox4.

It's working fine in IE8.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #92829 by Ruth Cheesley
Replied by Ruth Cheesley on topic cannot see jce editor
Same problem here, Joomla 1.5.23, JCE 1.5.7.11 and K2 2.4.1.  New articles the editor is off, but I can turn it on.  Current articles when I edit them, there doesn't seem to be any way of turning on the editor so having to manually code everything Yawn!.  I'm using Firefox 3.6.x so it happens in older versions of FF as well. 

Have posted it on the members bit of the JCE forum but no response yet:

www.joomlacontenteditor.net/forum/topic?f=31&t=20481&p=40968#p40968

Ruth

Ruth Cheesley
Virya Technologies