Keyword

Add/Edit Item modal window has no WYSIWYG editor or place to put item content

• Coptechs
  • Coptechs's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #93999 by Coptechs
Let me just say upfront that I have spent the last 2-3 hours scouring the forum's here and at joomla.org and cannot find a resolution to this issue.

When I go to edit and item from the front end, the modal window opens but there is no WYSIWYG editor or any area that would allow me to input the item content. This holds true for all the tabs: Content, Image, Image Gallery, Video, Extra Fields and Attachments. Clicking on any of those tabs does nothing either. I have posted a screenshot of my Edit Item modal window.

I have tried the following to resolve the issue to no avail:

disabled all plugins
turned off the JCE editor so that the user default was to have NO EDITOR
switched my template menu script from jQuery to S5 Effects
turned on debug mode in Joomla Global Config-saw no errors

I am using a Shape5 template with some of the following extensions:

JCE
JEvents Calendar
Akeeba Backup
EXTplorer
SWF Pro
JSN Imageshow
AllVideos
Simple Image Gallery
Mootools upgrade 1.2.4 (tried turning this plugin off too)

SEF not enabled....yet.

PHP 5.3.1

Joomla 1.5.20

Apache 2.2.14

This is my first time using K2 and I really like it, but I really need to get this front end editor working for my client. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #94000 by Terry Britton
If you haven't already try the site in Firefox with Firebug installed and see if Firebug reports any errors.  Also check your server error logs.  I would completely disable the menu system and turn off any modules on that page.  Use IE or Firefox to view the page source and find all javascript that is being loaded.  Try removing them one by one and see if the problem goes away.

• Coptechs
More
13 years 3 months ago #94001 by Coptechs
I think I have found the culprit...a "system" plugin for my image slideshow which is called JSN Imageshow by JoomlaShine. The description in the plugin is as follows: "JSN ImageShow System Plugin loads SWFObject library in page head tag if neccesary."

I'm going to contact JoomlaShine to see if they can help me resolve this, but is there anything, based on the description of what the plugin does, that you could think of that would help me here?

• Coptechs
More
13 years 3 months ago #94002 by Coptechs
UPDATE_ Found this is a known issue w/ this extension/plugin. Developer is sending me a patch due to a javascript error.

Thanks again for your reply Terry!