Keyword

K2 Login Issue

• Denis Devine
  • Denis Devine's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #94939 by Denis Devine
K2 Login Issue was created by Denis Devine
I know this has been discussed but I cannot find a suitable answer to my specific question.

My Joomla site uses the following:-

Joomla 1.5
JomSocial 2.0
K2 (latest release)

I realise that a K2 site must use K2's login module. And this is necessary so that registered users can create and edit articles from the frontend.

But this means that all the extra fields I have created in JomSocial don't get completed unless the user goes to their profile (after logging in) and *chooses* to do it.

This is a problem cause I also use a mod/plg called AutoGroup whichautomatically assigns new users to certain groups based upon choices they make in the JomSocial registration process.

So my question is this: is there a way to force a new user to go to their profile and edit it *before* immediately after signing up, hence overcoming the K2 login issue?Thanks,Dom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #94940 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Login Issue
I dont have the answer but,

Does jomsocial have its own login or does it rely on default joomla?

I have seen JoomlaBamboo quickstart packages that have Joomla and K2 automatically installed and with a module called jb_login enabled by default. jb_login is a customized k2 login. This said, if jomsocial has its own login i do not see why it could not be overridden and the necessary actions of the k2 login added to it,  which would serve both purposes.

There may be someone who is using jomsocial that will answer...Have you checked their forum?

• Denis Devine
  • Denis Devine's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #94941 by Denis Devine
Replied by Denis Devine on topic K2 Login Issue
Hi William,

Thanks for your reply. The issue seems to be - based on my limited technical understanding - that if you don't register via K2 login you end up unable to create or edit frontend articles (items).

JomSocial does have its own registration/login which is far superior to K2 (particularly if you want to exploit JomSocial's custom profile fields feature).

So if there is a way to get K2 to acquire what it needs while allowing JS to do the registration, that would be a major plus for both K2 and JS.

It seems to me that K2 and JS are two of the most important extensions for Joomla. So the ability for them to work together seamlessly would be a great idea. As of yet, this is not the case.

I'll check the JS forum but my recollection is that there is no 'fix' at present -- probably because it is really a K2 issue.

Thanks,

Dom