Keyword

Three (3) questions about K2 & community

• alexandre
  • alexandre's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #99985 by alexandre
Three (3) questions about K2 & community was created by alexandre
Hello all

I've been using K2 for a few sites now but have some questions I haven't seen solved in the forums. 

Maybe they are somewhat basic, but address common problems of building professional sites with K2.

1) How to parse joomla plugins in the K2 user profile?

Since it's possible to always display the user profile after articles (being it a blogger, a company or a product seller), parsing joomla plugins within it allows us to, for example, include a contact form or atbs or even some additional info, that can't be acomplished with the current extra fields or even external coms like Sherpa. So, what do on has to change in K2 to allow for parsing of joomla plugins in the user profile area?

2) Is there a simple way of adding recaptcha to the K2 registration form?

I've seen a couple of workarounds in the forums, some of them leading to conflicts with other recaptcha solutions installed in the site. Pardon me all that have invested time and dedication in bringing the solutons found in the forum, but If tried them all and none worked flawlessly. Yes, one can argue that is because of the template or maybe because of another recaptcha comp installed, but still all involved hacking the code and not having a stable solution. So, anyone has a solution for this?

3) What is the component used for the K2 community registration?

Sort of off-topic, but it's a nice registration process and forms.

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #99986 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Three (3) questions about K2 & community
1> K2 has plugin calls for both joomla and k2, open up the item.php and you will see these events.the position of them with the item can be moved.

This function was expanded on in our K2 MultiNotify, so that you could specify the class or ID of any element to have the components container appear, before, after, above or below the selected class or ID.

2> If have used both 3rd party plugins and modified registration to display the K2 comments recaptcha, both with mixed results.Due to high numbers of spam, I moved to integrating Disqus in K2, my guide is on simon.getk2.org.

3> Ning - Its not Joomla

Simon

K2Joom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.