Keyword

Solution for filter by an extrafield (K2 + Joomla 1.5)

• Igor Prado
  • Igor Prado's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #100333 by Igor Prado
Hi folks,

My client's website is using Joomla 1.5 + K2. The structure of the categories and items are:

- Type

|_ Item

|_ Item

|_ Item

- Type

|_ Item

|_ Item

and so on... It's only one level of category. All the items has the same extrafields group. In the index (default joomla menu item), I have several modules of "mod_k2_content" with specific rules showing this items (not necessary one module to each category... The items are all mixed up in the modules).

What I need: Now my client want to divde this categories "Type" into "Cities". Each city will have all the same Types, but different items. And when the user access the website, he will choose the city he wants to navigate. And all the menu items will show the items of that city.

So I have to divide items in Cities, but I don't want to create another level before "Type" with the Cities... This will result in many menu items, one for each city. And I will have to duplicate all the modules of "mod_k2_content" I have and associate then to specific city in menu items...

With this "problem", I thought: What if I create a extrafield with the Cities that the site will have and filter all the content by this extrafield? I will need to specify the city for each k2 item, but I will have just one tree off navigation (No need to create menu items for the cities) and just the actuals mod_k2_content modules associated to the default joomla menu item (index)...

Is there a solution for this?

Sorry for my bad english

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Igor Prado
  • Igor Prado's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #100334 by Igor Prado
Hi... Anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.