Keyword

Editing the front-end form: remove items

More
11 years 10 months ago #100656 by Jerry
Hi all,

To make things a lot easier for a client, I am simplifying the front-end edit form. For a certain k2 category Events, I have made a menu item New Event, which pops up the New Item window.

The client only has to enter the extra fields: date, time (two dropdown boxes for hours en minutes), a description, and the name of a person (not a user). The only joomla field necessary is Published yes/no.

The item's title should be composed of the selected date plus time plus description.
The item's Publish Down date should be the selected date plus 7 days.

I made a sub template for this category's itemform.php and stripped (commented out) all I didn't need.

Then I got this javascript error:
K2ActiveVideoTab is not defined

When I tried to hide the joomla fields for Publish Up and Publish Down (because I want those in hidden form fields), the calendar gave a popup error it could not do its job.

What is the best way to hide all the tabs except the extra fields (or better: hide all tabs and let me show the fields in my own way) but still have enough data for a joomla and k2 item to be saved and not get errors like the one above?

Thanks!
Jerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #100657 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Editing the front-end form: remove items
Hi. This depends. Usually you can replace inputs with hidden inputs. Using CSS is another option. For the calendar fields the error is coming from the core Joomla! calendar script. Try to hide it using position absolute and not display none. This way i guess you will get no error.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.