Keyword

Extra Fields DropDown from external data(json,csv)

• Conrad
  • Conrad's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #101097 by Conrad
Hi all,
my issue is follows:
I need to build a custom matchreport with K2 that has a connection to the beautiful JoomLeague Plugin with more custom data than JoomLeague provides (like more Images, Videos etc.. perfect for K2) - But I can't let the user look for a MatchId with Firebug and enter it manually into a text field to get the relation to the league (which is basically the functionality I need) - so I was wondering if I could fetch this data from somewhere else using json or a csv list.. whatever.

I would build this little interface by myself, even outside joomla if necessary, so anything is possible :) I appreciate every tip/hack you guys can give me, to get this running :)

Thanks,
Conrad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #101098 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Extra Fields DropDown from external data(json,csv)
If you have another system that has a place for the K2 itemid, you could create an override that would display the itemid directly in the category or item view and your users could get it from there and enter it into the other system manually.
Automating this would be similar to any other bridge like the one that "syncs" the joomla users and the k2 users
If your going in the other direction it would seem to me it would be more difficult

• Conrad
More
11 years 9 months ago #101099 by Conrad
Thanks for your quick reply William. I'm not sure to understand what you are meaning. Especially which page you mean to overwrite.. Also not how to achieve an automation of this..

Please let me explain in which direction my thoughts to solve this issue are going (btw I'm totally new to joomla and K2 - but I'm developing dynamic websites with php (symfony/zend) with jquery etc.. for many years.. but I don't know a "right" way how to achieve these changes to K2/Joomla yet :)

Its important to me that the user has a simple dropdown field, it has to be as simple as possible for him to choose the related JoomLeague Match. Fow now, I would hack the ExtraFields template with some custom javascript to perform an ajax request to load all matches (from json,csv) and hide my match_id field, then add a dropdown which enters the Id onSelect into my match_id field..

But hacking a template for just one feature seems like a very dirty solution.. if you have some hints/ideas how I can build my own little extension for K2 ExtraFields, so I don't have to modify the core template, it would me help very much - also others ideas as well :)

In the end, all of this won't be published on the website where joomla is running, it will only be used for a custom json interface to fetched by an iphone app.. so actually all my data needs still to be catched from custom queries..

Thanks, Conrad

More
11 years 9 months ago #101100 by Lefteris
Hi. I have not understand exactly what you want to achieve but maybe you need to take a look at K2 plugins. You can take a look at an example at getk2.org/extend/extensions/date/item/90-example-k2-plugin-for-developers.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Conrad
More
11 years 9 months ago #101101 by Conrad
Thank you very much. I guess this will help me, I'll check it out