Keyword

Does K2 fulfill my site's specs?

More
11 years 8 months ago #102051 by Eddie
Does K2 fulfill my site's specs? was created by Eddie
Hi,

My name is Eddie and I want to build a site for a new business idea I have. In the past I have made 2 sites, based on Joomla 1.5.xx and I'm looking for the best solution based on Joomla or any other CMS platform to start my new site. For the moment I don't have the resources to make a new custom made PHP site, so a platform should be the best to start.

To give you an idea about the features that new site has to offer, I will use an example that the new site, will offer information about PC or Console Games. These games will be shorted in categories and sub-categories with attributes. Ie the game title "FIFA2015" will be under sub category, sports/football and will have on of the attributes, PC/Ps2/Xbox or Simulator/Football/Action etc

Now the members of this new site, after completing a registration they will be able to search for games, find the title they want and read useful information about it. Also they could make a review about this game tittle, upload screenshots, rate the game, etc. This new review will be published only after approval from the site's admins.

New game titles can be proposed or inserted also from users/members and approve them an admin to make them public

A new visitor of the site user can find the game title using categories or sub-categories, or using attributes, or a search field and after find the game (ie "FIFA2015"), can read game's information, see photos or screenshots and read also the other users reviews and rates. Membership is not necessary to read only, but for reviews. Members and users will have also a point system according their reviews and helpful votes from other users

I need to know if K2 fulfill these minimum requirements and If i need more extensions.

Best regards

Eddie Armaos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #102052 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Does K2 fulfill my site's specs?
Hi. The best thing you can do is to download K2 and evaluate it by yourself. You can also take a look at K2 demo site at demo.getk2.org/.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #102053 by Eddie
Replied by Eddie on topic Re: Does K2 fulfill my site's specs?
I have made some test with K2 installed with Joomla 2.5 locally.

For some questions i didn't find a solytion, so please help me.

1) can i have a point system, giving points for helpful comments, users post below K2 items?
3) can i have multiple rate votes, giving on total?
2) can i choose the position where the extra fields will be display when selecting an item? (ie. to have extra fields, below tiilte and before text.

Thanks

Eddie

More
11 years 7 months ago #102054 by Lefteris
Regarding your questions:

1. No, this is not included in K2.
2. No, you can only have one rating per item.
3. Yes, you can move the extra fields block wherever you want in a K2 page by making a template override to the item view.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
11 years 7 months ago #102055 by Eddie
Replied by Eddie on topic Re: Does K2 fulfill my site's specs?
Thank Lefteris for reply,

I will continue my research B)

Eddie

More
11 years 7 months ago #102056 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---