Keyword

K2 Slideshow

More
11 years 7 months ago #104750 by frost
K2 Slideshow was created by frost
Hi,

I have a joomla template that uses K2, and within that template there is a K2 Slideshow module. I just updated to the latest version of K2 yesterday (2.61) and after I did the K2 Slideshow no longer appears on my site.

The configuration of the template never changed, only the K2 update was applied which broke the K2 Slideshow. I'm not sure how to correct this problem.

Any direction would be appreicated,
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DINALVA ROMANCINI
More
11 years 7 months ago #104751 by DINALVA ROMANCINI
Replied by DINALVA ROMANCINI on topic Re: K2 Slideshow
Same problem here. My Rotator/Slideshow stop working too after upgrade :blink:

More
11 years 7 months ago #104752 by frost
Replied by frost on topic Re: K2 Slideshow
Ok, I reinstalled version K2 2.6.0 as a test with still the same issues. The slider failed as before with the 2.6.1 install. So I rolled back further, I went to version 2.5.7 that was originally installed and success. So, there is something breaking the slider in the newer versions of K2.

More
11 years 7 months ago #104753 by Goh Yew Hoe
Replied by Goh Yew Hoe on topic Re: K2 Slideshow
As I replied in the other topic. If you go to K2 parameters in 2.6.1 you will see that it's loading jquery 1.8.x by default. Try changing back to 1.7.x which was what 2.5.7 was loading and see if that resolves the issue.

More
11 years 7 months ago #104754 by frost
I'll give that a try, but even if that does work I would like to know why jquery 1.8 causes a failure. jQuery libraries are usually very solid and I like to see the latest version working as expected.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep you posted.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #104755 by frost
Nope, that isn't the issue. The new version of K2 breaks the slider. I tried many different versions of the jquery libraries in the K2 params, as well as the local vs remote loads and that made no difference. The only thing that fixed the issue was to roll back to 2.5.7.

BTW, the one thing I did notice was that the setting for the new version of K2 was to use 1.7.x, not 1.8.x which I changed to use the latest and still no luck.

More
11 years 6 months ago #104756 by joe
Replied by joe on topic Re: K2 Slideshow
Same Here... GRRR, i just got my site done after a month of working on it!!!
I did one stupid update and now it's Broke!!!

More
11 years 6 months ago #104757 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 Slideshow
Any of you facing issues, you first need to specify what's the issue. If you do not see the module or the items at all, then probably you need to update your slideshow to it's latest version to be compatible with K2 2.6.1. Otherwise you can go back to K2 2.5.7. If however the module is displayed but it just doesn't play, then you probably need to check your page for JavaScript errors. Changing jQuery handling settings at K2 parameters may help.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)