Keyword

Pre-purchase questions for K2 add ons

• Judah Raine
  • Judah Raine's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #104905 by Judah Raine
Pre-purchase questions for K2 add ons was created by Judah Raine
Hi there, I've downloaded the component and started working through the training video's, and must say I like the look of K2 enough to want to purchase both the story and multi-category components. Before I do, however, I would like to make sure that these will in fact do what I need as per my questions below:

a) I need to be able to create custom form and article layouts for users to submit articles in the frontend. These articles (in various categories) will not be available for the original authors to edit so I'm looking for
Article in Category A to have a specific layout, B a specific layout, C.... The form should simply be the means to capture the information I need displayed in a pre-specified layout as a Joomla / K2 article.

b) I have a specific need for a review site that works as follows: Authors / publishers submit a review request (specific form) together with upload of their e-book. Public can submit request in the frontend.
These are then saved to articles with a download file (which only allows one download, and hopefully can record who downloaded). Reviewers log in on front end and access article management, can then edit the article to add their review and rating (two extra fields needed here). The finished article then displays in the relevant categories (need multiple categories for the reviews). ONLY reviewers have access to view and edit the articles in the middle step. Thereafter only admin can edit or delete, once review is finally posted, but the articles are available for public view.

c) categories and multiple categories. I realise that there are going to be overlaps in categories. e.g. The reviews section will have the same sub-categories as the bookstore section, e.g historical, western. and books will also belong to more than one category e.g. both historical and western. I'm concerned that same sub categories will cause conflicts, or that searches in bookstore categories will bring up review categories. This might not necessarily be an issue (if reviews are available for books in the bookstore) but could be a problem if the search brings up review requests which are in the "middle phase". It is imperative that only reviewers (and only one reviewer per book) may download these books in order to review them.

These are my basic queries and I would be most grateful if someone could assist. I am desperately trying to complete the site as soon as possible and would like to purchase what I need today if possible.

Many thanks
Jude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Judah Raine
  • Judah Raine's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 7 months ago #104906 by Judah Raine
Replied by Judah Raine on topic Re: Pre-purchase questions for K2 add ons - urgent
Hi there, just an update... I have gone through the templating video tutorial which I believe satisfactorily answers question a).

I would greatly appreciate it if you could add some insight or advice on b) and c) so that I can purchase the add ons needed. Having run the gauntlet of installing and uninstalling every likely possibility I am loathe to simply purchase unless assured that your product can do what I require. With time marching on at a rapid pace, I am needing to move on this rather urgently and I am hoping you can spare me a few minutes of your valuable time to assist

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.