Keyword

frontend editor error with extra fields

• Georgia
  • Georgia's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #106524 by Georgia
When I try to edit an item with the front-end editor and my extra fields are published, Save button doesn't work and when pressed it redirects to a blank pabe with my site's index.php address .
When I un-publish all extra fields, Save button works normally and I get the "Item saved" notification on top of my page.
I have already tried: clean install of Joomla and K2, installing jQuery Easy plugin, creating new extra fields and extra fields group or renaming them, opening front-end editor in new window instead of pop-up etc but notning works.
I use k2 2.6.1 and Joomla 2.5.7. JCE editor is installed.
I appreciate any help on this. Thank you in advance for your time! :)
Georgia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #106525 by Fabio Masi
Replied by Fabio Masi on topic Re: frontend editor error with extra fields
I have a problem in the Saving of new items containing Extra Fields by Registered Users: when the registered user clicks on Save after having filled up the New K2 Item Form, the result is that the item is saved with all the fields but Extra Fields; it seems that only SuperUsers can save Extra Fileds effectively.

I'm using K2 v2.6.1 with Joomla! 2.5.6

After having Saved the Item the Registered User ends up in a white page or in an Error page instead of being redirected.

Anyone can help me? I've controlled all the Users permissions as also I don't have any other K2 plugin.

More tests done: the unsaved Extra Field bug happens every time the New Item is produced by the Frontend Form, even for Super Users, while it works properly from the Backend.

Regards

More
11 years 6 months ago #106526 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: frontend editor error with extra fields
Anyone facing extra fields issues in front-end editing, try to install the SVN version of K2. You can find it at getk2.org/assets/svn/ . Please provide some feedback on this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #106527 by David Nuno Duarte
Replied by David Nuno Duarte on topic Re: frontend editor error with extra fields
Problem solved!
thank's

• Georgia
  • Georgia's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #106528 by Georgia
Replied by Georgia on topic Re: frontend editor error with extra fields
I installed the svn version and the problem has been solved.
Thanks!

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #106529 by eMediaNation
Replied by eMediaNation on topic Re: frontend editor error with extra fields
This worked for me as well. Thanks.

After the update to 2.6.2, users would edit their K2 items on the front end and the "Extra Fields" would all revert back the default setup fields. The SVN edition solved that problem.