Keyword

K2 image; blank page error - solutions not working

• Michael
  • Michael's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #108109 by Michael
Hi guys, I am well aware that there are thousands of posts like this but believe me...I have browsed through a thousand of them, tried their advices and still have no idea how to solve my problem:

In K2 Item page, I can create new items and everything works jsut fine. Problem starts when I try to add an image in the K2/Item/Image tab. Uploading directly and saving brings me to a blank page. If I upload the image previously in the K2/Item/Media tab (which works without problems) and then select and save it in the image tab, I will still be directed to a blank page without the image working in the item.

Like I mentioned I tried most of the solutions provided in other forums:

1) Changed all permissions on the K2 media / cache folders to 777

2) Changed the K2 component upload.php to MIME test false:
BEFORE:

$this->mime_fileinfo = true; // MIME detection with Fileinfo PECL extension
$this->mime_file = true; // MIME detection with UNIX file() command
$this->mime_magic = true; // MIME detection with mime_magic (mime_content_type())

AFTER:

$this->mime_fileinfo = false; // MIME detection with Fileinfo PECL extension
$this->mime_file = false; // MIME detection with UNIX file() command
$this->mime_magic = false; // MIME detection with mime_magic (mime_content_type())

3) Deactivated potential problematic plugins/extensions

4) Checked image filesize. Upload limit is set to 2MB by my provider, but the image is actually just 800kb

5) Tried a clean reinstall of K2 without success

And I don't really know what else I should try. I am about to contact my provider but to be honest I have no idea what I could ask him to do for me. Any advices on what I am missing or what i should do?

Best wishes, Michael

PS: Sorry, I forgot. I am using the newest versions of both K2 (2.6.2) as well as Joomla (2.5.8)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #108110 by Lefteris
Hi. A blank page indicates a PHP error. Set error reporting to "Maximum" under Joomla! configuration to see the actual error.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Michael
  • Michael's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #108111 by Michael
Thank you :) I did that yesterday to find a solution but it didn't really help me back then.

But matter of factl I have figured out the problem now. Seems it was indeed a problem on the server side. I got into contact with my hoster and after trying around a bit we identified the memory_limit of my php server as the problem. After increasing it to 256MB I had no more problems.

Hope others will find this insight useful. Even after redoing my mime Check to true and setting permissions back to 755 everything is still working fine