Keyword

K2 User Submissions

• Michelle
  • Michelle's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #109237 by Michelle
K2 User Submissions was created by Michelle
I'm not sure where else to post this, but I thought it might help someone who's been just as frustrated as me. I love the look, feel and easy of use of K2 and don't want to use Zoo...I don't like the commercial look and complication.

I have an equine website that includes directory listings such as businesses, clubs, farms and stallions. Each one of them will have their own category and custom fields.

I've been searching for a way to have registered users submit forms on the front end that included images and extra fields in a given category that would then be sent to admin for review before posting. Every submission I tried to date would only show basic title and text information with no extras (maybe I was missing something).

I tried K2 Story thinking it would be the answer, but it didn't work for me. It wouldn't submit end user forms to the admin. I found in another post here it has something to do with using apostrophes in any of the fields and magic quotes. When I didn't use apostrophes, I'd get the forms in admin. I guess there is a work around by fiddling with code, but I don't know enough to do that without it going horribly wrong.

Anyway, today while searching, I found a post at www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/k2-part2/ that I tried and it works brilliantly. You basically setup user groups in K2 and set the categories they can post to (I never tried this, duh!). The only drawback if you could call it that, is that it's a little more than your basic form (popup looks like the admin items page). It's not as straight forward to users because of the tabs, but I figured I'd just make a tutorial for users.

If K2 Story doesn't work, give this a try. It's going to save me further headaches. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.