Keyword

Error with Joomla v2.5.9 and K2 v2.6.5

• Rodrigo
  • Rodrigo's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #110298 by Rodrigo
Hello,

I use Joomla 2.5.9 and i installed K2 v2.6.5., when i tried to create an article or category it shows me this error message:

"Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in..."

and this other message it`s just when i tried to create categories:

"Non-static methods JTable::isCheckedOut() should not be called statically in...."

Any help? I already tried to install previous versions of k2 (v2.5.7) and with that i got worst errors message.

I don`t want to use previous k2 versions, i want to use the most actual version... What should i do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rodrigo
  • Rodrigo's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #110299 by Rodrigo
Replied by Rodrigo on topic Re: Error with Joomla v2.5.9 and K2 v2.6.5
It seems that i "fix" the problem, in another website i founded that the solution was to disable the error messaging configuration on the back end global configuration, on the server section, clicking into the Error reporting to never or none.

Idk if this is the real solution of the issue, but with this the error message show off, of course because I hide the error messaging on joomla with that configuration.

I want to know, what exactly means that error? "Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in..."

And what means when the error message are Strict Standards type?

More
10 years 11 months ago #110300 by N A Grant
Replied by N A Grant on topic Re: Error with Joomla v2.5.9 and K2 v2.6.5
Is there anyone on this site that has a solution for fixing this error message? I have Joomla v2.5.11 and K2 v2.6.6 and I am getting the same kind of error message

the article I get

Non-static method JTable::isCheckedOut() should not be called statically in C:\wamp\www\site\libraries\joomla\html\html\grid.php on line 198

in the category wndow of K2 I get

Declaration of JParameter::loadSetupFile() should be compatible with JRegistry::loadSetupFile() in C:\wamp\www\site\libraries\joomla\html\parameter.php on line 512

And

Non-static method JTable::isCheckedOut() should not be called statically in C:\wamp\www\site\libraries\joomla\html\html\grid.php on line 198

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #110301 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Error with Joomla v2.5.9 and K2 v2.6.5
Hello Grant,

Double posting will not get your issue fixed any sooner.
These are warnings generated from core Joomla! files and libs and not actual errors. They will not affect your site's functionality in any way.

You should set the error reporting to default in the global configuration section.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)