Keyword

Blank Top Category

• Don Omondi
  • Don Omondi's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #116196 by Don Omondi
Blank Top Category was created by Don Omondi
Got k2 v 2.67 joomla 3.11 infact let me copy paste my server info

PHP Built On Linux root.serverke16.com 2.6.32-458.6.2.lve1.2.30.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jul 12 15:02:22 EEST 2013 x86_64
Database Version 5.1.68-cll-lve
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.3.26
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.1.1 Stable [ Ember ] 26-April-2013 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 12.2.0 Stable [ Neil Armstrong ] 21-September-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.95 Safari/537.36

When I installed k2 it was on a joomla 3.14 site and it had issues like extra fields etc, my research showed it was a joomla bug so I downgraded back to joomla 3.11. Now everything seemed ok I created categories and published them but when I displayed a menu link to the top category nothing shows on the component area not even category name or image but if I insert a link to a subcategory its ok. Its a small but very very significant issue. Allow me to go on... so on my localhost site copy on my windows 7 wamp server everything is ok. Again I researched and learnt that turning on error display to maximum on joomla global config help so I did and this it what it had to say on the relevant page.

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mybiz/public_html/components/com_k2/router.php on line 204 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mybiz/public_html/components/com_k2/router.php on line 204 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/mybiz/public_html/components/com_k2/router.php on line 204

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated... been trying and trying for 3 days and 3 nights now :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Don Omondi
More
10 years 9 months ago #116197 by Don Omondi
Replied by Don Omondi on topic Re: Blank Top Category
By the way, the php file in question, router.php... I realised, after downloading all 3 k2 versions that are joomla 3 compatible, that the line 202 within the file is the same for k2 2.67 and 2.66 but is slightly different for 2.65 so out of desperation I will try to install version 2.65 on my live site (after restoring using akeeba to without k2) to see if it fixes anything. I have already done so just now on my localhost and all seems well :) HOPE!

• Don Omondi
More
10 years 9 months ago #116198 by Don Omondi
Same problem :( Help :(

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 9 months ago #116199 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Blank Top Category
See if the solution in this post helps - forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=795964

K2 Rocks \m/

• Don Omondi
More
10 years 9 months ago #116200 by Don Omondi
Thanks for the reply Kannan, but the solution above does not apply exactly to my case as I already see it is set to to temp[1] within router.php line 204. Let me paste the solution provided so that we see the best way forward.

"Hi, I had exactly the same problem as you this morning, not sure how to fix it as there's nothing on Google.

However, just now I have been able to get rid of the warning notices.

Open up the 'router.php' file in /components/com_k2/ and go to line 230.
If your code says $temp[2] change it to $temp[1].

This fixed it for me"

Once again thanks for the rapid response... I really want to use k2 but this problem is hindering me!

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 9 months ago #116201 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
I'm not sure why this is happening but have you tried clearing browser and joomla cache or try to re-install k2 ?

what about if you do a fresh install of joomla 3.1.1 and k2 in your wamp and see if this happens on the fresh install too.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Don Omondi
More
10 years 9 months ago #116202 by Don Omondi
Thanks again for the rapid response...

The list of what I have done to try and solve this includes:
-reinstalling k2 v2.6.7
-after this dint work I restored site using akeeba to previous state and installed k2 2.6.6
-after this dint work I restored site using akeeba to previous state and installed k2 2.6.5
-before all the above I had done the basics when trying to solve a problem (joomla novice here): I disabled ALL 3rd party extensions and cleaned cache after each plugin disabled working in Incognito mode on latest Chrome.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 9 months ago #116203 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
I just read this article - www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/troubleshooter/ch01s04s14.html

Maybe, the admin or other community member can assist you better on this.

K2 Rocks \m/

• Don Omondi
More
10 years 9 months ago #116204 by Don Omondi
Thanks again for the response, however, it is worth noting that I only installed akeeba after reinstalling k2 v2.6.7 and realising that this problem was going to require trial and error to solve hence the need for a backup.

Also it is worth noting again that someone else posted the almost the exact same issue I am facing on a separate thread but there is no solution there

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/180228-White-screen-after-upgrade

• Don Omondi
More
10 years 9 months ago #116205 by Don Omondi
I was able to solve it on my own... thanks for everyone who helped and for anybody else who might be in a similar fix... I was able to realise after much trial and error that the issue was cause by aggressive cache among other techniques used by my CDN. I was able to resolve it by turning of my CDN for any and all urls that had administrative functionality i.e all *mysite.com/administrator* where * means anything so anything before mysite.com/administrator eg www.mysite.com/administrator and anything after mysite.com/administrator eg mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2.

Hope this helps. Thanks Kannan for trying B)