Keyword

Removing Icons/Links from the Admin Module

• robert
  • robert's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 8 months ago #118145 by robert
Hello,

Im new here to K2 and I've done a basic search regarding the issue Im having but have not found anything.

I recently minimized Admin menu access for devlopers and staff members of my site using magazine.joomla.org/issues/issue-apr-2012/item/721-customizing-the-admin-menu

But now I need to minimize certain access to K2 modules shown in the admin section of joomla.

I want to be able to only show certain icons/items to staff members.

I've already created a admintemplate/html/mod_K2_quickicons folder with a default.php file in it.

Ive also edited some code to try to show only certain items to staff - but cant get it to work.

any Ideas on how to go about accomplishing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robert
More
10 years 7 months ago #118146 by robert
Does the above describe my issue well enough?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• robert
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #118147 by robert
Well I guess I will try to break it down here and MAYBE someone with some expert PHP knowledge can confirm it will work.

As I mentioned above I followed the tutorial about making certain menu items available to SuperUsers and Staff Members.

SuperUsers are the site developers and Staff are the actual users of the site. We wanted to limit some items so that a Staff member cant install or change certain items that may break the site or worst may be vulnerable to hackers.

We do not use the standard Joomla article/category creation system instead we have opted to use K2. With that said we have hidden from Staff the any access to the standard joomla article/category creation, access to components, modules, plugins etc. but we have left access to the K2 admin module for creating and managment of articles, categories, comments etc.

Now, since the K2 admin panel offers access to Extend K2, Extra Fields, Extra field Groups and other items, we want to prevent staff members from access those items, while allowing SuperUsers access to add items if required.

So we see that the file /domain.com/administrator/modules/mod_k2_quickicons/tmpl/default.php is the file that shows the access point to K2 features we want to hide.

We have already created the override folder and file at /administrator/template/html//mod_k2_quickicons/default.php

Currently the file looks like...