Keyword

[SOLVED] Item created & published dates change on edit

• Amy Lewis
  • Amy Lewis's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #122891 by Amy Lewis
I've used K2 on many sites over the years and I've never had anything like this happen and just noticed it this morning.

I created an item and noticed that it was giving an error when the menu item was clicked. When I went back to the item list it showed as pending. I reopened the item changed the 'Start Publishing' date to today and then it worked fine. Performed some edits, saved, and again got an error from the link on the frontend. When I opened the item again, the publish date had changed.

I opened then saved the item multiple times and each time I reopen the item, the Create Date and Start Publishing date advance by 8 hours. The same thing happens with older items that I open.

Tried reinstalling K2 and it didn't help.

Hoping someone can point me toward a solution. Thank you!

Joomla version 3.2.1
k2 version 2.6.7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #122892 by Mario Beck
Replied by Mario Beck on topic Re: Item created & published dates change on edit
Hi Amy,

did you manage to solve the problem?
I am experiencing the same

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #122893 by Yiota
@Amy Lewis,

Try to update to the K2 2.6.8 SVN version if you are using Joomla 3.2.1 version and check again. You can find the new K2 package here: getk2.org/assets/get/

@Mario Beck, I have already suggested you do the same in your topic.

• Amy Lewis
More
10 years 2 months ago #122894 by Amy Lewis
Hi Yiota. Thanks for your reply. I installed the new package as you suggested but the problem is still occurring. Is there something else I could try?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #122895 by Yiota
Try to check on a new item.
Also before that try to also do this

In Joomla Admin area go to Extension Manager > Discover (side bar nav)
Click on the "Discover" button at the top.
Find all of the K2 files that weren't installed and select them. Click on "Install" button at the top.
Go back to Extension Manager > Install
Reinstall the K2 SVN version zip file on top of your old installation.

• Amy Lewis
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #122896 by Amy Lewis
I found 4 files in the Discover list and installed them, then reinstalled K2 v2.6.8 (Dev Build).

Created a new item and saved it. Then saved it again and the create date and publish date both advanced by 8 hours each time I click save.

Sorry, it didn't work. :( What's next? ;)

EDITED to add:
Also I have the following error on the Control panel page now:
An error has occurred.
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FROM ulrw_k2_items as i LEFT JOIN ulrw_k2_categories AS c ON c.id = i.c' at line 1 SQL=SELECT i.*, v.name AS author, (SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ulrw_k2_comments WHERE itemID = i.id) AS numOfComments, FROM ulrw_k2_items as i LEFT JOIN ulrw_k2_categories AS c ON c.id = i.catid LEFT JOIN ulrw_users AS v ON v.id = i.created_by WHERE i.trash = 0 AND c.trash = 0 ORDER BY numOfComments DESC LIMIT 0, 10

More
10 years 2 months ago #122897 by Mario Beck
Replied by Mario Beck on topic Re: Item created & published dates change on edit
Same here.. updated Joomla to the latest version and installed the K2_DEV_BUILD but still doesn't work.
Getting this warning message when entering a K2 Item

Error loading component: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\joomla\administrator\components\com_k2, Component not found

Thanks Kind Regards

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #122898 by Yiota
@Amy

Go to Extension Manager -> Database -> Fix.
Make sure that you have the correct settings both in Global configuration and user for the timezone.

@Mario

Have you tried to run the discover first?
It seems that your issue is that something has gone wrong in the installation.
Also, what Joomla version do you use and from what K2 version did you update to the 2.6.8 SVN?

More
10 years 2 months ago #122899 by Mario Beck
Hi yes I did,

installed all missing parts I could discover. I am using Joomla 3.2.2 and I've updated from K2 version 2.6.7
What I have recognized was... after updating to K2 2.6.8 I wasn't able to access my backend any longer.. i don't mean the login process.. the backend site was not accessible at all means the browser couldn't load it. I've checked the php error logs but there were no statement. I've made a backup with akeeba before so I've got my site back online, but that was a shock ;-)

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 2 months ago #122900 by Yiota
I have never heard that one before. You need to try and update again even in a local server and see what could have caused the issue. Try to enable error reporting from configuration.php file.