Keyword

Image extra field not empty once value is deleted

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #123640 by Tim
One of my extra fields is an Image field. I want the page to display the image if one is selected, otherwise show nothing. My code works fine:
	getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/162398-SOLVED-Hide-extra-field-if-empty#168586
, which was resolved by upgrading to 2.6.3. I suspect this solved the initial issue, but not if someone has placed a value in the field and then removed it.

I've tried a few variations of the following code to no avail - I don't think the code is the problem here.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #123641 by Yiota
Hello,

I have tested this in a default joomla 2.5.17 and K2 installation SVN 2.6.8 and didn't get an empty image.

Try to change your code to
<?php if(isset($this->item->extraFields->ListingImage) && !empty($this->item->extraFields->ListingImage->value)) : ?>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #123642 by Tim
Hi Yiota

I tried that code and also tested on Joomla 2.5.17 and K2.6.7 with no luck.

I do have two possible workarounds. One is similar to Steven's in the afore mentioned thread:

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #123643 by Yiota
Have you tried to see this page with the default K2 template and not your override to see if you still get this empty image tag?

More
10 years 3 months ago #123644 by Tim
Sorry for delay in responding. I tried it on the default K2 template and it still returns the empty IMG tag.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #123645 by Yiota
Is a link to your page along with access to your backend available so I take a look?
You can sent me access through the contact form here: getk2.org/contact-us

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #123646 by Tim
I've sent the login details via the contact form. I also removed all my workarounds so the code is as basic as possible, currently in category_item.php:

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #123647 by Yiota
I saw the empty image. I need you to try updating your Joomla! and K2 versions to the latest (K2 2.6.7 and Joomla! 2.5.17). Then with the ?template=system we will check if the image is then loading.

PS. Don't forget to take a full site backup first.

It is very strange and I have as well tested this in a Joomla! 2.5.17 and K2 2.6.7 and didn't get an empty image.

Have you made any other modifications in core K2 files?

More
10 years 3 months ago #123648 by Tim
I've updated Joomla to 2.5.17 and K2 to 2.6.7.

I haven't modified any core files, only created a few template overrides.

The only other thing that is related is that earlier on in the build I installed k2fields from jproven.com/k2fields

This was to allow the client to repeat extra fields while editing the item, although I later uninstalled it as it didn't suit my purpose.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #123649 by Yiota
What is the difference between this page:

Your URL/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=10&Itemid=191

and this one:

Your URL/whats-on/2013-12-06-04-39-51/shows/itemlist/filter?moduleId=133&Itemid=191

What extension/plugin do you use in order to fetch the second view? I see that the url is different. It has extra parameters set on it.