Keyword

How to Execute Remote API Methods?

• Sylvias
  • Sylvias's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #124954 by Sylvias
How to Execute Remote API Methods? was created by Sylvias
Hi K2 Engineers and Community!

I hadn't been here in a while, but now I am back! I wanted been trying unsuccessfully to find information as to how to send CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete {and Search too!}) remote API methods for K2 items, categories, users, roles, groups etc.,

1- Can anyone point me to the right direction because it is possible, right?

2- How do I even authenticate my request? I've never even done this with joomla articles...

2- Anything I should know about with custom extra fields, batch actions and/or limitations?

3- If there is no documentation for this and if you quickly show me how to do it--I will make it a point to create a rather dashing "K2 Remote API CRUD Methods Table" with some nifty explanations that could be used for the official K2 Documentation with the head columns below, so the our K2 Community will always benefit from it!

"Useful Purpose, Action Method, URL, CRUD(s) Request Type, Data Expected, Possible Response Codes, Response Properties"

Thank you!

Sylvia

"In solidarity, unity and support; we the K2 Community, will stand together and committed; to growing, improving and maximizing the amazing the system K2 truly is!" -- Sylvia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sylvias
  • Sylvias's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #124955 by Sylvias
:unsure:

I gave it another try and still can't find this information. A great CCK like K2 has to have API that supports remote calls, right?

I am integrating K2 with an marketing and sales automation system. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"In solidarity, unity and support; we the K2 Community, will stand together and committed; to growing, improving and maximizing the amazing the system K2 truly is!" -- Sylvia

More
10 years 2 months ago #124956 by Lefteris
Hi. K2 does not have an API. The only thing you can do currently is to connect direct to the site database. I know this is totally different from an API but this is currently the only way to modify things outside of Joomla! installation.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)