Keyword

K2 Add/Edit Item not showing K2 tool buttons

More
10 years 2 months ago #125487 by Randy
Recently installed Joomla 3.2 on local host Xampp. Installed most recent K2 extension. Using Windows 7 Pro with Google Chrome. All K2 modules appear in Module Manager and are all published. Same with K2 plugins in Plugin Manager. K2 icons all appear properly in Control Panel. When I open "Add New Item", the screen opens normally except in the content pane none of the K2 tool buttons appear - only the native Joomla ones. Same if I edit an existing K2 item. Have tried reinstalling both Joomla 3.2 and K2 extension several times with no notice of any errors. All reports indicate successful installs. Here is what my K2 Item Editor looks like:

I am not a techie but have some experience with Joomla 2.5 and previous K2 versions with no problems. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #125488 by Lefteris
Hi. Can you provide the screenshot again?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 2 months ago #125489 by Randy
Thank you Lefteris for responding. As I said, I am not a techie. I am trying to attach my screenshot but all that shows in the "message box" is:

I add the file and click insert and " " is all that is displayed. I get similar text description when clicking on emoticons also. Could you first please tell me how to upload my screenshot or if I need to change some setting on my browser? I have tried both iexplorer and Google Chrome and get the same result. Thanks.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 2 months ago #125490 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: K2 Add/Edit Item not showing K2 tool buttons
Try uploading the screenshot to postimage.org

and paste the link on your reply.

K2 Rocks \m/

More
10 years 2 months ago #125491 by Randy
Here is the link to my K2 Add Item screenshot.: s1.postimg.org/j6klv24lb/K2_item.jpg

If above does not work, what I am saying is that except for the K2 tabs across the top of the content pane, the pane looks exactly like those TinyMCE buttons that are in the Joomla 3.2 "Add New Article". In my previous experience with K2, there were a lot more edit/control buttons in the K2 content pane giving it much more versatility. I am local hosting with Xampp v3.2.1 instead of an earlier version that Joomla.org suggested. Could this be a problem? Thanks guys for responding.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 2 months ago #125492 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: K2 Add/Edit Item not showing K2 tool buttons
Here's the link to my screenshot taken with Joomla 3.2.2 and K2 2.6.7 - awesomescreenshot.com/04a2f63af0 Its looks the same. Maybe, i'm missing something.

This is how it looks on Joomla 2.5.18 - awesomescreenshot.com/0e02f63k98

except in the content pane none of the K2 tool buttons appear

K2 Rocks \m/

More
10 years 2 months ago #125493 by Randy
Thanks, Kanna. I guess in the newer Joomla/K2 versions some of the tool buttons have been eliminated such as "styles" and "spellcheck". I was relying on my memories of Joomla 2.5/K2 and thought K2 offered many more text options than did the Joomla article editor. Perhaps there was another extension that was installed that expanded k2's text options - I really can't remember. I expected to see a "format Font" button in the new K2 but I guess there isn't one. In order to change font, font size and font color do you have to rely on the template's CSS to do that? If not, how is it done?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 2 months ago #125494 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
You're welcome :)

You can use JCE Editor for Joomla - www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/joomla-3

K2 Rocks \m/

More
10 years 2 months ago #125495 by Randy
Thanks again, Kannan, for the help. I will try JCE. That is probably what I was remembering seeing in the K2 Add New Item.