Keyword

Duplicate Content - Where is the problem?

• WinniePooh
  • WinniePooh's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #125795 by WinniePooh
Duplicate Content - Where is the problem? was created by WinniePooh
Hello to everyone,

I got a big problem. Since I installed Sh404SEF on my site, the links are perfect and how expected it. Unfortunately, the old K2-links are still active. I have no idea where this come from.

Here ist an example

New Link: www.barcawelt.de/news/wohin-geht-die-reise-von-carles-puyol

Old Link: www.barcawelt.de/kategorien/news/18-news/1901-wohin-geht-die-reise-von-carles-puyol

So my question ist: Why the old K2-links are still active? This leads to duplicate content and kills my rankings.

I tested Sh404SEF on an identical test-server and everything workes fine. The settings are the same but there is no duplicate content. That's why I need help now.

I posted this in the sh404sef forum but they cannot help me. Maybe you have an idea how can i solve this problem.

Looking forward for an (hopefully fast) answer.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #125796 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Duplicate Content - Where is the problem?
Hi. The links cannot be disabled in any case. Google only scans links found in your site so it shouldn't index again the old ones. However Google have indexed the old URLs in the past. So what do you mean about test server? What do you get when you use the old type URLs?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• WinniePooh
  • WinniePooh's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #125797 by WinniePooh
Replied by WinniePooh on topic Re: Duplicate Content - Where is the problem?
With test server I mean a copy of my webite on the same server with another domain. The settings there are identical with that on my website barcawelt.de. Here an example with the testwebsite:

New link: www.template.barcawelt.de/news/josep-maria-bartomeu-messi-bleibt

Old link: www.template.barcawelt.de/kategorien/news/18-news/1804-josep-maria-bartomeu-messi-bleibt

This is how it should look like. The new link is now available for everyone and the old one goes into a 404 error.

On barcawelt.de the old URL is still available, the article appears and not the 404 error site as it should be.

More
10 years 2 months ago #125798 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Duplicate Content - Where is the problem?
I don't know how you get this 404 error. K2 only raises a 404 error when an item is not found. So probably this is done by SH404SEF and K2 has nothing to do with that. Check that SH404SEF configuration is identical in both sites. Do the same for K2 settings also ( SH404SEF and advanced SEF sections ). Finally ensure that both K2 and SH404SEF are at the same version on both sites. If none of the above helps i suggest to ask for help at SH404SEF website.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)