Keyword

Extrafield - Drop down selection deleting values

• Justin Place
  • Justin Place's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #131085 by Justin Place
Hi, I am having quite a big issue with the Extra field drop down selection, in adding/deleting values..

I have a listing on my site for one of my categories that has item number of 150+ and growing.. and each K2 Item is assigned to two different fields:

1. City/Town
2. Suburb.

Each extra field has a multitude of values for each.

The issue comes along where i want to delete a value from a Extra field and Everything gets shifted either up or down for all the items :( which makes it very problematic, i tried to rename a value and it duplicated values :O

How to i add/delete values with ALL of the items assigned getting different values :(

Very frustrating, so one person suggested editing the phpmyadmin db table of the extra field values, and i tried that and it still shifted assigned values for all items

any suggestions or insights would be GREATLY appreciated..

Thanks

Warm regards
Justin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #131086 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Extrafield - Drop down selection deleting values
Hello Justin,

Which version of K2 and Joomla! are you using?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Justin Place
More
9 years 8 months ago #131087 by Justin Place
Replied by Justin Place on topic Re: Extrafield - Drop down selection deleting values
hi

Joomla 2.5.24
K2 v2.6.9 (Developer Build) someone recommended it on one of the threads, cant remember

• Justin Place
More
9 years 5 months ago #134292 by Justin Place
Replied by Justin Place on topic Extrafield - Drop down selection deleting values
Hi Krikor.

I am really Battling with these dropdown values.

Currently, My City-Town Dropdown ExtraField has multiple values and so does my Area-Suburb Extrafield.

If i have a new Town and suburb, the value goes right at the bottom right?

Well when i want to edit the DB table of the ExtraField to change the order to make it alphabetical, all the K2 items change to another value below it.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this for every time i want to add a new value alphabetically?

More
9 years 5 months ago #134350 by Lefteris
@Justin Place

This cannot be changed. Even if you edit the order in phpMyAdmin you will lose the data entered on the items. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)