Keyword

Img and Description Issue while sharing url on Fb

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #131396 by Naeem
I am using Joomla 3.2.2 with k2 article latest version. When i share article url on facebook, it does not show image and description. My cache is disabled, Gzip is disabled. Googled alot but couldnot find proper solution.

I have checked developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/ andI am getting following Open Graph errors.

Object at URL 'www.mywebsite.com/life/health/15-amazing-health-benefits-of-berries-you-didn-t-know-about' of type 'website' is invalid because a required property 'og:title' of type 'string' was not provided.

But after fetching new scrape information, url is showing description and image.

I would appreciate if someone can help me in this regard

Regards,
Naeem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #131397 by JoomlaWorks
Can you provide an actual URL to your site?

If it's not a cached result within Facebook from an older implementation of your site, then some plugin may be messing with your site's meta tags. Check the K2 blog and try sharing any item on FB. You'll see the image is properly preserved and displayed. ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #131398 by Naeem
This is my site url livemedia24.com. When i add new article it dosent share description and image on fb. I did not find any solution so each time i add article i visit following url developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/ and paste my article url then i again hit fetch new information, after this process image and description is visible.

Mean to say that all my article urls are passed from above mentioned process and then it works.

Can you please help me in this regard.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #131399 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Img and Description Issue while sharing url on Fb
All of Facebook's metatags are properly set I tested a URL in FB's debugger and it seems to work properly.
If the scrapper cannot access your site then you should ask your host if he is blocking access to all bots.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)