Keyword

Cannot create user groups or register new users.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #131601 by Sean
Hello all

I'm new to K2 having only recently started working with it. I am using a custom template based on T3 Framework and so far I am having strange issues with getting K2 to do anything useful at all.

I can create a new user group and everything appears to save correctly. However, when I go back to my list there is no new group there. The same issue applies to creating a new user through front end registration. The process works and the confirmation email comes through but no users appear in K2/Users only in Joomla/Users. Import Joomla users does nothing.

I have checked Yes for "Enable K2 User Profile" and selected the default user group. Strangely enough, I am able to see the groups I created in the dropdown list for "Select the default K2 User Group for new registrations" (see attached image - IMAGE ATTACH NOT WORKING) but they don't appear in my use groups area. Once again though, these changes are having no affect on getting anything to work correctly. I have tried disabling Jquery within K2 to see if the problem lies there but this also has no affect at all.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on where to start troubleshooting this issue. I will also follow up if I am able to find a solution in the meantime. I have updated to the latest K2 version (2.6.8.) and I am using Joomla 2.5.2.

In the attached image the groups I have created appear in uppercase at the bottom of the list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 8 months ago #131602 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Cannot create user groups or register new users.
Sean if you are using Joomla! 2.5.2 please update to 2.5.24 (I think this was a typo though).

Try uploading these image to a service link imgur.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #131603 by Sean
Thanks for the response Krikor. Yes you are correct I am using 2.5.24. As for the screenshot please see imgur.com/tJr4ouH

Is there any other onformation I could provide that may help?

More
9 years 8 months ago #131604 by Lefteris
@Sean

First ensure that the K2 user plugin is enabled. If it is disabled the K2 profiles will not work. Regarding the list in the administration you can try to enable system debugger. If you get no groups in the list probably something is breaking the SQL query.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)