Keyword

Create relationship between Items

• sohopros
  • sohopros's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #133377 by sohopros
Create relationship between Items was created by sohopros
We are looking for a CCK solution to create a Joomla Custom Application for our customer. Our customer is a manufacturer's representative that sells electronic components through Sales Representatives.

The company has three division and represents dozens of manufacturers within many product categories. Manufacturers are related with Product Categories and Product Categories with a company division.
Manufacturer's authorize the company to sell products in certain regions. And Regions are a collection of zipcodes.

Representatives are assigned to a division. Once they represent a division they can to sell products from any manufacturer or product category that is assigned to that division.The representative area (not related with manufacturer's region) is defined by zipcodes.

We mapped six main entities (or K2 extra fields groups/categories) on our schema.
- Company Division
- Product Category
- Manufacturer
- Region
- Representative
- Zipcode

A database model is presenting how we believe the entities show be created is show below:

Attachment not found

We need to create a interface where users will be able to find a Representative by selecting a Product Category or a Manufacturer along with a zipcode. Something like the mock-up presented below:

Attachment not found

Questions:
1 - Are we able to create a link (database relationship) between two distinct entities on K2?
2 - If question 1 is positive, can we create filters for manufacturers and product categories on the representatives listing even though the relationship set on the representatives will be with the division (that will be related with product categories and manufacturers)?
3 - Which plugin would you recommend to accomplish the desired result?

We do sincerely appreciate any help we can get. Try several products so far and could not a solution.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #133378 by Darksidious
Replied by Darksidious on topic Re: Create relationship between Items
Hello,

I am looking for the same information :)

If you have an idea or how to do it thank you to answer me.

For example, I want to add an extra field (multi-selec) to items in category A handpicked for one or more of the item catéogrie B are related (the ID is the best :) )

Thank's

More
9 years 6 months ago #133379 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Create relationship between Items
Hi. What both of you are asking requires a custom K2 plugin, it cannot be done with K2 out of the box. Of course since these are special use cases i don't think you can find an extension doing this. This is something that probably should be build from scratch.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)