Keyword

Setup for Audio Files

• Owen Carlton
  • Owen Carlton's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #142471 by Owen Carlton
Setup for Audio Files was created by Owen Carlton
I am using Joomla 3.4.1 and have just installed AllVideos 4.6.1 on Windows 7 64bit Platform.
First of all I am new to adding Audio/Video to Joomla.
My idea is to have the Viewer open a Menu Link to an Article containing a Song Lyrics Page which also has a Clickable Link to the Song, so that the Song will play at their request while they read the Lyrics.
I have created an Article containing the Lyrics Page of a Song (mp3) and am having problems creating an active Link to the Song in /images/audio/song.mp3.
I have added mp3 format to the Config File.
** I have just added JWPlayer and set it up as per documentation.
** I still do not get any action from and Article Page Link to the Audio File. I do not even see the Player on the Screen Page.
Can someone please run me through the Steps to create a Menu Link to the Article and the Steps to create the Article with the Lyrics and Link to the Song.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Owen Carlton. Reason: Updated info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142519 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Setup for Audio Files
I think you need to read All Video's documentation first www.joomlaworks.net/support/docs/allvideos

As for the menu links, you simply create menu items towards K2 items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Owen Carlton
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142567 by Owen Carlton
Replied by Owen Carlton on topic Setup for Audio Files
Thank you Krikor, I have read the AllVideos documentation and also JWPlayer documentation and what it contains is rather meaningless to a Novice like myself. I know how to Link a Menu to an Article. I know how to create an Article. I have added the Song Lyrics to the Article Page. I have tried to set a Link to where the Song resides (/images/audio/song.mp3) which does not work. I have tried a Tag ({mp3}songname{/mp3} which does not work. I have tried Uploading the Song to /images/audio/song. I have tried Uploading the Song to /images/stories/audio/song. Neither location seems to work. I have looked into JWPlayer and they expect a Novice like myself to work with HTML Code that I do not understand. I would expect these things to work out of the Box. Am I restricted to using only JWPlayer or can I choose to use another Player and How would this be acheived. I have wasted about four days on this Project just to get two very Special Rats of Tobruk Songs to play, while the Viewer is able to read the Lyrics.
Is there anyone who can walk me through this in an Understandable Manner. Would be most appreciative.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142586 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic Setup for Audio Files
Hi Owen,

I highly recommend using Soundcloud to host your audio files. Then simple embed the code via the AllVideos plugin...

{soundcloud}URL{/soundcloud}
{soundcloud}soundcloud.com/pbwebdev/ep78-interview-with-peter-martin-and-password-tips-for-websites{/soundcloud}

Soundcloud is great at serving up your audio content, where your hosting company is not optimized to stream audio content.

Secondly, Soundcloud is a social platform and can potentially provide inbound links.

I hope this helps,

Joe Campbell

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142593 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Setup for Audio Files
AllVideos used JWPlayer, you will need to hack the extension (which is not recommended) in order to use another player.

Is the plugin enabled? Can you check if AllVideos is actually enabled in the plugin manager?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Owen Carlton
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142596 by Owen Carlton
Yes, the Plugin is Enabled.

• Owen Carlton
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #142597 by Owen Carlton
Right now I only want AllVideos to play two single songs that are located at /images/audio within Joomla. Maybe some videos at a later time. I need something that is Simple, not complex. I am a Novice.

• Owen Carlton
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #142658 by Owen Carlton
Replied by Owen Carlton on topic Setup for Audio Files, now Video Files
OK, after uninstalling AllVideos and JWPlayer, I tried HTML5 Player without success. I came back and installed AllVideos and got it working for Single File Audio. Great stuff !! Now for some Videos. I have not read in the Documentation anything about how to go about creating and using Video Playlists for AllVideos, that the Viewer can choose the Video to Play. My initial thoughts were to create a Joomla Article with the Name of the Video and the Link for the Video, shown in the Page, but then, how does the Viewer select the Video they wish to play. Can someone with experience please inform me on how to go about this.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #142691 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Setup for Audio Files, now Video Files
Unfortunately you cannot create a playlist with AllVideos.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---