Keyword

With K2 system plugin enabled, user registration crashes

More
9 years 1 month ago #143092 by Thyme
From the frontend when a create account is submitted, the page turns into a code page with message of:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'Unknown column 'header' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT `new_url`,`header`,`published` FROM `alrvw_redirect_links` WHERE `old_url` = 'thymewisper.com/index.php/component/users/' LIMIT 0, 1' in /home4/thymewis/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:610 Stack trace: #0 /home4/thymewis/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php(1239): JDatabaseDriverMysqli->execute() #1 /home4/thymewis/public_html/plugins/system/redirect/redirect.php(86): JDatabaseDriver->loadObject() #2 [internal function]: PlgSystemRedirect::handleError(Object(Exception)) #3 {main} thrown in /home4/thymewis/public_html/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php on line 610

If I disable the system redirect plugin, the submission turns into the error 404 page.

If I enable system direct plugin and disable system k2 plugin, the submission is successful.

I prefer the latter not only for ability to have people register to my site, but it is also the registration form from joomla and has the secure image captcha that I want to use because of my biggest audience (older group). However, K2 does not function without system K2 plugin and thus my items and categories and images that I for the past month have worked on from my import of several years worth of Joomla articles for is worthless.

Is there a way to use K2 for content, but not have it involved with users? I do a blog (which is main reason I wanted K2 with its comments, gallery, etc. ) but I do not plan on having other bloggers writing on my website.

In other words, how do I have user function not be used in K2 and just let my joomla site manage users, log in and registration?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #143145 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic With K2 system plugin enabled, user registration crashes
Which version of K2 and Joomla! are you using?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 1 month ago #143164 by Thyme
Joomla! version 3.4.1
K2 version 2.6.9

More
9 years 1 month ago #143190 by Lefteris
@Thyme

Yes, you can disable K2 user functionality by disabling the K2 profiles at K2 parameters. However note that the query that fails is not part of K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 1 month ago #143195 by Thyme
Thank you. I disabled K2 user profiles and that worked. I have tested it out and I now am able to include the create account in login and it goes to a login form with the secure image captcha and does not crash when submitted. It appears that all works with the rest of K2 - articles, categories, comments, etc.

If it isn't K2 that caused the problem, then whatever the problem is that happens when K2 user profiles is enabled seems not to be a problem in other areas. At least not so far.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #143216 by Krikor Boghossian

More
9 years 1 month ago #143221 by Thyme
Thanks for the link.

I did the database repair actions, etc. Problem still exists. So I suspect this is a Joomla! 3.4 problem. This is unfortunate in that I may hit this issue again when I install the forum, since it apparently has the same problem.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon by the Joomla! community.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #143225 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic With K2 system plugin enabled, user registration crashes
I think in the results there are some patches. You can try them or try looking for a solution on Joomla!'s forums.
Generally speaking these bugs do not live long enough :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---