Keyword

Converted k2 from 1.5 to 3.4 and the Images are Missing

• Pamela Stoesser
  • Pamela Stoesser's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #146307 by Pamela Stoesser
I converted a website from Joomla! 1.5 to Joomla! 3.4. The K2 items are showing up fine other than 2 problems:
1) there is a fairly large folder icon showing at the top of the text that I can't figure out how to get rid of and
2) I don't have any images there. The Joomla! 1.5 website has photos in the image spot AND in a gallery. I found the old images in the 1.5 folders but I don't find any documentation about what folders they should be under in the Joomla! 3.4 website.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks. PK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #146311 by Lefteris
Hi,

How did you upgraded your website? Just moving the files and the database is not enough. You have to use an extension to be sure that everything is migrated correctly.

Regarding K2 here is a small guide to migrate from Joomla! 1.5. The article was written for Joomla! 1.7 but the process remains the same:

getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/311-manually-migrating-k2-content-from-joomla-15-to-17

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #146312 by Lefteris
The folder you see on the top of the page is the category image. You can hide it at the K2 parameters. The reason you see this image now is that probably all your K2 parameters have been lost.

Regarding the images as the guide explains, they are located under media/k2 folder.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)