Keyword

K2 Content by Tag Not In J3 Version

• Polished Geek, LLC
  • Polished Geek, LLC's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #147796 by Polished Geek, LLC
K2 Content by Tag Not In J3 Version was created by Polished Geek, LLC
Hello,

I am currently migrating a client from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 3. And have moved all of their K2-related content over. But in setting up the modules again, I noticed that the "K2 Content by Tag" module isn't there. During the setup, I didn't see a way to mimic the behavior through the "K2 Content" module provided. Am I missing a package to install or configuration for this functionality? Or is there a module you would recommend to get this feature back? Thank you for the help!

Regards,
Milton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #147798 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic K2 Content by Tag Not In J3 Version
Hi Milton,

I'm using the latest Joomla 3 with k2 and have a K2 Tag Cloud. Check out the "K2 Tools" module in your Joomla module manager, that might be what your looking for.

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0

• Polished Geek, LLC
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #147801 by Polished Geek, LLC
Replied by Polished Geek, LLC on topic K2 Content by Tag Not In J3 Version
Hi Tracey,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, the tag cloud isn't what I'm looking for. It was a module called "mod_k2_content_tag". I'm not the owner of the 1.5 site, but from what I'm seeing here, it looks like it lists items from a category or several categories, but allow you to further filter what appears by the tags assigned to the items. I'm attaching what the configuration looks like.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Polished Geek, LLC. Reason: Clarification of what the image is.

More
8 years 7 months ago #147802 by Tracey
Replied by Tracey on topic K2 Content by Tag Not In J3 Version
Hi Milton,

I see what your saying now. I checked my live site in which i am using K2 v2.6.9 and indeed i do not see that functionality in the K2 Content Module for filtering by tags. I do however have a development site i am working on in which I am playing around with K2 v2.7.0 and in that version it looks like the tag filter option is available in the K2 Content Module. K2 v2.7.0 is located here - github.com/joomlaworks/k2 .

I haven't run into any real problems so far trying out v2.7.0 but at the same time v2.7.0 was never officially released so I'm not sure just how safe it is to use it on a live site.

With v3 coming soon I'm not sure if v2.7.0 will get officially released or not.

Hopefully Krikor will see your post and have a better answer for you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Kind Regards,
Tracey

Joomla! v3.5.1
Gantry5 - Hydrogen Template
k2 v2.7.0

• Polished Geek, LLC
More
8 years 7 months ago #147810 by Polished Geek, LLC
Hello Tracey,

Thanks for getting back to me. On the dev site I'm working on, I am also running K2 2.6.9. I will need to consult with my colleagues, but I don't imagine we'll want to go to 2.7.0, simply for the sanity of upgrading in the future. If you or Krikor can tell me when v3 will be available and whether it will contain this functionality, that'll help me a lot. And you've been an immense amount of help to me so far. Thank you for the feedback.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #147842 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Content by Tag Not In J3 Version
Hello there,

To be honest I think this is a 'hack' . K2 Content did not have this functionality in an 'official' package. I have seen implementation like this but they where all additions to the standard module.

In your position I would backup the module in order not to lose this functionality.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Polished Geek, LLC
More
8 years 7 months ago #147879 by Polished Geek, LLC
Hi Krikor,

Thanks for getting back to me. Hmm. I'm not sure how I overlooked this. You're correct. "Red Evolution" is the developer of the extension, according to the files. And an itch is telling me that they don't have a J3 or K2 2.6-supported version. I'm good now. I need to put some information together and figure out what we want to do next. You've been very helpful.

Thanks!

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #147896 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 Content by Tag Not In J3 Version
Typically there won't be any major changes apart from the xml file where the tag input is being defined and the module's helper file (helper.php ?) from the stock mod_k2_content.

Personally I would move this functionality in a new copy of the K2 Content module.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)