Keyword

Google Tag Manager event tags & K2 conflict

• Irene Sutherland
  • Irene Sutherland's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #148240 by Irene Sutherland
Replied by Irene Sutherland on topic Google Tag Manager event tags & K2 conflict
Hi Krikor and Lefteris,

Thank you so much for spending the time to look at this.

I found what the problem was and I feel somewhat embarrassed that I took up your time.

The issue was I'd set a trigger in GTM to not include URLs that contained catholicenquiry (the site URL catholicenquiry.com) to exclude internal links. We found that even though the links were to external sites, the linking was routed through weblinks - therefore being routed through a URL containing catholicenquiry.

I have since changed the configuration of the trigger to be "containing - weblinks". (and for the benefit of GTM users, I've set the tag label to "Click Text").

Thank you and apologies again for taking up your time on this.

Best regards

Rene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Irene Sutherland
  • Irene Sutherland's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #148241 by Irene Sutherland
Replied by Irene Sutherland on topic Google Tag Manager event tags & K2 conflict
Hi Krikor and Lefteris,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this.

I have found, much to my embarrassment, that it is not a K2 issue.

We found that the problem was weblinks. As the tag was to track clicks on external links, I had set the condition for the trigger to exclude links that contained catholicenquiry (so that internal linking isn't captured). As weblinks routs users through internal linking, the trigger wasn't firing as the URL it was being routed through contained catholicenquiry.

I have since changed the trigger to fire when the click URL contains weblinks and it now works like a dream.

Thanks and humble apologies again.

Rene
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Irene Sutherland.

More
8 years 6 months ago #148257 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Google Tag Manager event tags & K2 conflict
There is no need to apologize. This could happen to everyone. Let us know if you need anything else.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)