Keyword

K2 stripping formatting from a custom field in TinyMCE

• Chris Hood
  • Chris Hood's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #148847 by Chris Hood
Hi all,

This is a tricky one involving some customisation - I've created a new column in the K2 Items Table in my site's database which I want to be editable on the K2 Items Admin page using the TinyMCE WYSIWYG editor. IE, I want it to retain the formatting tags on save.

This is essentially an 'opening hours' field - I wanted something akin to an Extra Field, but easier to work with in PHP. I anticipate some users might want to insert bullet points, bold or similar here.

I've added the field and WYSIWYG editor in the Admin K2 Items page no problem, but all tags are getting stripped on Save.

Things I've checked -
  • Database column type is correct ("Mediumtext") and it retains all tags when editing the raw database in phpMyAdmin
  • TinyMCE plugin is set to not strip anything other than 'applet'. I've tried adding some Valid elements here with no result.
  • All HTML filters in normal Joomla Configuration are set to 'no filtering'

One thing I have noticed is that in the K2 settings you can disable HTML Cleanup for Introtext and Fulltext, and both are disabled. So does this mean that K2 will strip all formatting from all fields other than those specified somewhere? I've noticed the Embed Video field retains all its HTML tags, so there's obviously something somewhere that determines fields which the system won't strip tags from.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Chris Hood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.